Porting 2.8 head

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean either a p79 or n47 head with the liners. Use a dremel or similar with a good tip to hack it away.

It's said though hacking it out hurts flow characteristics and any gain isn't worth the trouble. So if your just streeting the car don't bother and if your tracking the car or want that level just pick a different head.

• Like 1

It is a P79 I have an E88 but I'm going to keep the injection so I'm sticking with the P79 head.

I can't believe by looking at it it would hurt the flow taking all that crap out because it looks nasty in there. But I'm sure they put some money into developing that head and the people who did it know more about the subject than I do.

Its going to be a track car but I am running it in Chumpcar so I think the gains I will get won't be worth the effort I would put into it.

Thanks for the info.

Ken the guy from AR

even on higher hp engines those tin pieces are left in. by taking them out it majorly screws up airflow and makes it so lumpy it hurts performance. check hybridz for more info about headwork. theres more power to be found in the intake runners and the intake itself. you can run the e88 head if you dont want liners, then just notch the top of the intake runners for the injectors. if youre willing to chop up a p79, you might as well play with the e88 as well. skib can also vouch for this as he hangs with braap and is learnin junk about this stuff

Ya Idk why it's that way either but like shady said the intake is a more major bottle neck to power on the L anyway.

I personally wouldn't run any other head then the p90 lol, sell those 2 and pick one up. :-P

Np btw welcome to the forum.

skib can also vouch for this as he hangs with braap and is learnin junk about this stuff

a little late gettin in on this one :P

dont pull the liners! unless you are building a motor thats putting out ~400hp or something you dont need to.

the whole point of porting is not making the hole bigger but making the flow smoother, the exhaust liners have a nice smooth radius on them and are perfectly fine for any street or mild build.

and like 72240z said the intake is your bottle neck, take a look at your intake runners, the ID is TINY!

open that shit up and your motor will thank you!