VG 510 fuel injection parts needed

chumstone

I have done several tests (leakdown, cold temp sensor etc) now to my engine and read gobs of info and (I believe but do not know if this is true) that since I have a 1988 wiring harness installed in my 510 that I should go with all 1988 fuel injection parts.

The engine in the car is a 1986 VG30i

This would include ECU, Zirconium O2 sensor and fuel rail and side feed injectors as per the charts provided at the Jim Wolf webs site and provided to me by others on this list.

I am not finding many used parts for 1988 NA engines, so I found fuel rails on Z31.com web site and was wondering if one here has put a pair if these on under a 200 SX manifold?

If anyone has any of the above used 1988 parts for sale I would be interested.

I especially need a 1988 ECU part # A18a-A00 m84 or A18-A00 M42

and the fuel rails.

Thank you, Neil.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the triple postings.........

Almost all VG30 EFI stuff will interchange. For example, I'm using an 85 engine, with an 86 computer, and 90 Maxima injectors. I was running an 88 computer on the same setup for a while too. The only one that uses a different O2 sensor is the 88 turbo, which uses the titania sensor. Also, FWIW these EFI setups run perfectly fine WITHOUT any O2 sensors. Bunch of us 510 guys have been running this way for years. The biggest thing is to match the injectors to the ecu, in regards to turbo, or non turbo. Almost everything else is mix-and-match.

Aside from the triple postings.........

Almost all VG30 EFI stuff will interchange. For example, I'm using an 85 engine, with an 86 computer, and 90 Maxima injectors. I was running an 88 computer on the same setup for a while too. The only one that uses a different O2 sensor is the 88 turbo, which uses the titania sensor. Also, FWIW these EFI setups run perfectly fine WITHOUT any O2 sensors. Bunch of us 510 guys have been running this way for years. The biggest thing is to match the injectors to the ecu, in regards to turbo, or non turbo. Almost everything else is mix-and-match.

I suggest you look up the vgi and how its completely different then all the other vge's. Nothing from a vg30e efi set up will swap over to a vg30i set up without modification OR unless your using just the vg30i block and heads which is pointless.

The years and models mean nothing here , the fact one is tbi and the others multi point batch does.....

The fact that he's talking about fuel rails, side feed injectors, and a 200SX manifold, leads me to believe he is going to run it as a VG30E. At which point whether it started as an I or E is irrelevant.

Will be running it as a VG30e.

So if what you tell me, as far as the ECU is concerned, I would be best off to use the fuel rails that Z31.com sells.

I would like to know if the fuel rails as advertised on z31.com will fit under the 200 sx maifold plenum. That way I can run either side feed or top feed injectors.

Depends on what you want to do. Is the motor all stock? If it is just use a JY fuel rail and injectors. I have no idea what rails Z31.com is selling.....did a quick look, but don't feel like digging. The 200SX plenum fits the normal Z31 injectors. The true side feeds didn't come out till the 1989 Maxima, which is what I'm running. They are *totally* different in every aspect, so I don't see how one rail can allow you to run both styles.

The fact that he's talking about fuel rails, side feed injectors, and a 200SX manifold, leads me to believe he is going to run it as a VG30E. At which point whether it started as an I or E is irrelevant.

Thats why I asked if he was sure abotut he injection list in one of the other bullshit over posts.

I have a 1988 wiring harness installed in my 510 that I should go with all 1988 fuel injection parts.

The engine in the car is a 1986 VG30i

I'm basing what I said off what he said. If there is a vg30i and harness in the car its stupid to swap just the efi stuff to run it as an e. The vg30i has the lowest comp possible for a vg, moreover you have to modify the harness a lot. Just drop a complete e in there with harness and be done with it.

Ya most e interchanges but he said right off the bat its and i in the car.