wondering about a ka in a 720

chester

hey i was wondering how hard it would be to put a ka or a ka-de in cause if i plan on keeping my truck i would like to slap in a ka. right now i am just trying to figure out how hard it would be and what all i would need to do it oh i have a 4x4 any suggestion or anything would be greatly appreicated

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do it, just make sure you get a KA/KAde out of a truck. Itll make your life easier.

It will bolt right to the Naps-z transmission, and should bolt right into the motor mounts. You will have to wire up the harness and ECU tho, theres only like 4 wires you have to hook up. You will need fuel pump, as the stock 720 isnt enough for the KA

check out the how to section for how to wire an SR/KA to anything. its very useful.

you can get an EFI ka/kade out of a 90s hardbody pickup. not sure about the head swapping, pretty sure it works tho. search the forum for that info :D It was on here a while back. thottle body works to tho i believe, but if you goto that trouble just get an efi KA lol

yeah i dont want to make more work then i have to cause i am pretty lazy but that might change when i start working on the truck again yeah i was thinking that an efi truck didnt come out till 97 but not sure another thing is where would be the best place to get a motor around boise if ayou or anyone knows this is one reason why i miss washington it was pretty easy to find anything

wow it sounds easier then i thought and if i am not mistaken the ka out of the trucks a throttle body motors till when and would i be able to either take the intake mani off a 240 or switch the heads

yeah i dont want to make more work then i have to cause i am pretty lazy but that might change when i start working on the truck again yeah i was thinking that an efi truck didnt come out till 97 but not sure another thing is where would be the best place to get a motor around boise if ayou or anyone knows this is one reason why i miss washington it was pretty easy to find anything

A little punctuation would make your posts a little easier to understand. All D21 trucks were EFI in one form or another. Throttle chamber KA E and DEs were used till at least '99. A 240sx intake should fit. I expect you will need a 4X4 oil pan to clear the front differential in a 4X4 and custom motor mounts. The KA motor will bolt to the 720 transmission.

i guess i should have been more clear about the efi i would like the muti port like a 240 atleast you were able to figure out what i was saying so what it sounds like so far i would need the motor of course a 4x4 oil pan and then do custom mounts and wiring i would like to try to get it done before canby so i can drive it out there thats the goal anyway