definatley need a transmission

for a 92 Sentra. automatic. anyone got a good one they swapped out???? CHEAP being the word as my cousin needs the car and has almost no $$ to speak of.

thanks guys!!!! i will update when i have more info, hopefully tomorrow.

EDIT!!! Checked it out today and its leaking BAD, the fluid is BLACK and so low it was off stick. as soon as i pulled the dipstick i could smell the burnt clutchpacks in it. not a good sign.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well i REALLY need this trans now. if anyone has a CHEAP 4spd auto that will bolt up to my GA16DE, or a complete 5spd swap CHEAP please let me know. i want to put this thing back on the road as my work car but cant use it if 3rd gear is gone.

A Hail Mary would be to drain thoroughly and flush out with new fluid. Unhook the return line on the rad and run until you've collected about a quart of the old shit and refill with new. Keep going until new come out. I had a chev burn up and did this while on holiday. Drove it for a year after with no ill effects. But only if lucky. Get any leak fixed or it will run low and fry again.

If you do save it, get a tranny cooler, never tow with it and baby it around. Check fluid level regularly and change every two years.

already done. i got 1, 2, and 4 to work but 3 is gone. i might flush it again and see what happens. i know where the leak is but that means popping the pan again and resetting the gasket. maybe tomorrow if its not pouring like it is now. but i need more ATF if i do. and right now i am broke.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.