Rusty 69 roadster

gcmustang

Well adding to my datsuns. Now have 67 411sss sedan, 70 spl311 roadster and a rusty 69 SRL311. The SRL will be picked up next week. Seems ro run good even with the bad gas in the tank, Rusty floors Owner say it is a spec b roadster. The one big plus is he tells me it has a factory posi in it. I know pictures. They will come next week when I pick it up or sooner if I can arrange it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be fixed, anything can. Since there is nothing really special about this one though I vote part it out. If it were a low windshield or early with the jump seat etc in back I'd say fix it.

It can be fixed, anything can. Since there is nothing really special about this one though I vote part it out. If it were a low windshield or early with the jump seat etc in back I'd say fix it.

It is a 2L so its worth saving also I don't think it is that bad depending on the owners drive to fix it and abilities, but if you part out I'd be willing to buy the hardtop.

Pretty much long as the frame isn't rusted away it will be fine to redo and most of the damage just seems to be the floorpans and rear driver quarter pannel. I bet the rocker caps might need some work. I'd pull the dents, repair rust with sheet metal, POR15 the whole floorpan inside and under the car along with the rockers then replace the flares with some new ones and BAM you're done besides the typical mechanical stuff.

gc, if you don't mind what did you give for your roadster?

Previous owner said it was a factory racer. Not sure if this is true or if it means anything. I would be willing to sell the top. Make an offer. I have the soft top too canvas ok but rear window gone. I or my welder friend can do the rust repair, cut off the rear 1/4 and put new one on. Floor pan is no problem either. Should it be put back on the track?

I know it take a lot of work I used to own a mustang restoration shop and took cars from much worse than this mostly fastbacks to cars that sold for 30k or more. When health went bad I sold that business and recently got back into doing some cars for something to do in my spare time.

Previous owner said it was a factory racer. Not sure if this is true or if it means anything. I would be willing to sell the top. Make an offer. I have the soft top too canvas ok but rear window gone. I or my welder friend can do the rust repair, cut off the rear 1/4 and put new one on. Floor pan is no problem either. Should it be put back on the track?

If you are wanting a race car then I would for sure, they make great cars for the track a few good racers with them too. http://www.risensonracing.com/phpBB2/

I don't think it is near as much work as like a Z car or a 510 because we don't have to worry about it being unibody with the rust. My project has taken over a year but I get like 2 weekends a month to work on it and I'll be prepping it fully for paint next month.

TODAY'S QUESTION: How much bondo does it take to flare roadster fenders? Geez....

It may be a '69, but it's missing the '69 front teardrop markers and rear reflectors. Oh, wait, maybe he removed those to save weight for racing. :rolleyes:

Glad you have those skills. Unless you have a donor tube, I'd part it out.