Needing help

insearchof info

Hi i have recently inherited a 1971 Datsun pickup. It was my grandfathers pride and joy. I feel the need to restore her back to a useable truck. But i have no idea what parts from other models woulds will fit. I know it a 1971 and the only other markings on the truck is a 1600 enblem on the fender. I have to replace some of the sheet metal or find an outlet for repacement panels. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Danny

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard....Sounds like you have a 620. You can look at the "alien build" by patch and see if your truck looks like that. As far as parts...look on this forum, in wrecking yards. Heck every once in a while send me a PM if you want and I can look up Nissan part #'s and sometimes see if they are still available from the dealer.

The 521 Pickup was made through the '72 model year and the 620 was overlapping from March '72 on. Seems odd that both were supposed to be made at the same time. Maybe different plants?

The 521s had DATSUN1600 on the fenders. Letters and numbers the same height.

The 620 had this style badge:

truck620Datsun73fenderbadge.jpg