Mellow Yellow 71 510

Well I have been working on my 72 510 2dr for 8 months. It still needs a lot of work.

So I have found another 510 to use and build. The other car will still get built. It will just get the attention it deserves.

So here are some pics of my new 510

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

Here is the trunk floor?????????

IMG_0319.JPG

Here is the Fuel cell and pan they made. wait where will the exhaust get routed? They must not have gotten that far.

IMG_0334.JPG

Other than the trunk, the floors were fixed, and so was the other rust in the car, the gray patches are where they replaced metal on the body.

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

So my KA-T will go into this car

Picture%20056.jpg

I am very excited. And Have a ton of work ahead of me. Just hoping to make it all come together.

This shell needs a lot less work than the one I first brought home

5.13.09%20%281%29.JPG

Hope you all like. I am glad I figured out how to post my pics, now I can share my insanity.

Thank you

Bryce

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to my friend who builds race cars, and he and I worked out a deal to cage my new Dime :D So I am stripping out the rest of the int, Re-doing part of the floor where I did not like the po repair.

Other thank that I have decided to go white with this one also. It was a white car before it got painted yellow. I love the look of white dimes so, I guess I will have two white 2 Doors. Now that is a beautiful thing.

So I guess Mellow Yellow will now be Sno Blind.

Thanks

Bryce

Here you go, Resized just for you Mr Sands.

IMG_0315.JPG

Crazy mod for fuel cell. Need to decide ehat to do with Floor, Any thoughts.

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

Here is the tank and funky tub they made.

IMG_0334.JPG

Here are a few of the two cars side by side.

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

And this is how it all started. This photo is from the day I brought home my first Datsuns. A pair of 510's :D

510Mania.jpg

After I get a 510 done I can move onto finishing my Race car. This is how I got it 4 years ago, Barn find :rolleyes:

midget.jpg

Guy in picture is my dad. He and his friend build this car in 1972, His friend drove this in F production and My dad ran a D sports Racer.

I might put a ka in the MG, It would fly.

And Yes I only resized the one pic. I will make my further posts larger so you can see. :D