custom s13 coilovers/510 hub brake upgrade

thisisthenewsic

hey. i have a 73 datsun 510.

i just found out from the previous owner that the front coilovers on the car were originally nissan s13 coilovers custom made to fit the 510.

it looks like the cut the s13 mount off and welded on the stock 510 spindle.

i was wondering what brake upgrades there is out there.

i really wanted to get the 4 pot wilwoods with the 12.2 inch rotor. but they only are made for the 280z struts.

anyone make something to make this kit work?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what i have been told is its the s13 strut with the 510 spindle welded to the bottom

the car isnt running so the suspension isnt setup out i want it. still got some work to do. (adjusting ride height ect)

So you can do any upgrade that you can do with normal 510 Spindal, I belive there are a few places that make a big brake kit for the stock spindal, or if you have 280zx spindals

http://www.arizonazcar.com/510brakes.html

http://www.ermish-racing.com/510/brakes.html

Lets see pics of the set up and we can tell you if its stock 510

So you can do any upgrade that you can do with normal 510 Spindal, I belive there are a few places that make a big brake kit for the stock spindal, or if you have 280zx spindals

http://www.arizonazcar.com/510brakes.html

http://www.ermish-racing.com/510/brakes.html

Lets see pics of the set up and we can tell you if its stock 510

ya i found the kits from arizonazcar. thats the kit i want to purchase sometime down the road.

but if i dont got the 280z spindle then i cant.

ill try and get pics up by tomorrow

whoa! what did you rebuild the KA with? gold? a stage 3 rebuild setup with CP pistons, eagle rods, and arps only runs 1500 bucks. I would love to see some pictures of what you've done to it since you got it.

i did cp pistons with eagle rods. apr headstuds. all new timing chain waterpump ect. clevite bearings for both rod and main bearings.

i didnt do the work myself so that why it cost me 2500-2600

it was 575 for all the machine work. they took apart the head n checked everything. along with the block and honed it.

my buddy charged me 600 to tear it apart and put it all back together.

nice, so you're jumping right into a KA-T build?

once my car is up and running. theres gonna be little things here and there im going to do to the car.

but i fully built the block to eventually go ka-t

im just going to do stage 2 cams in the head and leave the rest of the head stock.

thinking of doing a twinscroll 2871r :D but obviously thats all down the road from now.

just want the car running for now

• 2 months later...

hey. i have a 73 datsun 510.

i just found out from the previous owner that the front coilovers on the car were originally nissan s13 coilovers custom made to fit the 510.

it looks like the cut the s13 mount off and welded on the stock 510 spindle.

i was wondering what brake upgrades there is out there.

i really wanted to get the 4 pot wilwoods with the 12.2 inch rotor. but they only are made for the 280z struts.

anyone make something to make this kit work?

I have Troys (Ermish) big brake kit (12.2 rotor and 4 piston wilwoods) on the front of my wagon and I am using the stock 510 spindles and hubs the rears he sells with that kit is a 2 piston wilwood and 11.5" rotor...he also sells the same size rotors with a 6 piston wilwood caliper as an option

Clayton