Door Latches...

matwood

So I finally found a _pair_ of straight doors. I had to drive an hour and a half each way to get them and when I got home....

DUN DUN DUNNN!!

The hinges line up perfect but the latch is different. Are there 2 different styles of latch for the 521? If so, anyone know if they are swappable? The mounting holes and whatnot look the same but one of the latches is a different type and sits about 2 inches higher than the stock doors I pulled off. I can get some pictures to show you what I mean but it won't be until lunch break. Are these doors maybe from a 520? I really want them to work because they are insanely straight and functional..

Let me know, dudes... :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are definitely very different. My camera wasn't in my truck like I thought so I couldn't take pictures yet. I don't know if I want to try and switch the latches or find some different doors. The later option is somewhat difficult where I live. The first option will require a little fab work if I want them to look okay.

I think I will probably give it a shot.. I'll keep you guys posted..