77 B210

New to Ratsun. I have a 77 B210 GFU Hatchback. I am accumulating all the wearable parts to restore it (brake system, shocks, steering components, etc.). My goal is to surpass the 50 mpg advertised rating for it. Plus, have a nice reliable rig. Some of the things I am doing are; 5w/20 synthetic, Redline MT-90 synthetic (tranny and rearend), sythetic wheel bearing grease, making sure that none of the new brake system causes a drag on the wheels, reducing weight (considering updating the bumpers).

Any thoughts out there on what else to do? I will post pictures later.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New to Ratsun. I have a 77 B210 GFU Hatchback. I am accumulating all the wearable parts to restore it (brake system, shocks, steering components, etc.). My goal is to surpass the 50 mpg advertised rating for it. Plus, have a nice reliable rig. Some of the things I am doing are; 5w/20 synthetic, Redline MT-90 synthetic (tranny and rearend), sythetic wheel bearing grease, making sure that none of the new brake system causes a drag on the wheels, reducing weight (considering updating the bumpers).

Any thoughts out there on what else to do? I will post pictures later.

nice man, i am torn on whether turning my 77 into a scca racer or going the daily driver/mpg route your taking. let's see some pics!!

Does anybody have a chart or a source for the speedometer gear to tire size matchup?

Also, if I go from a 155sr13 to a 155sr15 (of which I estimate a 10" dif in overall circumfrance) how much of a percentage of MPG could I expect? I was thinking about 10%, does that sound resonable?

You don't want to go too tall a tire/gear and get out of the engines efficiency range.

as for tires skinny is better for aero and has less rolling resistance.

Lowering a little will also help, maybe find one of the old flexdam airdams for the car.

if you don't remember, it was an airdam that had a rubber lip at the bottom so it could to get up driveways.

I always liked the way they looked.