WTB 5 speed for a vg30

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The late 200sx and 240sx Vg tranny would also work being 2wd but they are long like these:

These are for 4 cyl but would have a VG bolt pattern on them.

ctrans1.jpg

The very bottom is the D21 truck tranny for 4 cyl. Again just the bolt pattern would be different and they are about 33" long.

randomjunksale024.jpg

I imagine keeping the length as short as possible would be a good thing on a 510.

Learn all you can about this tranny. It's considered the ultimate best 300zx VG30DETT tranny made. It's called the FS5R30A and there were two types made, one for the earlier Z31 and the later Z32.

This is the earlier Z-31 5 speed:

Early FS5R30A

FS5R30AZ31001.jpg

This is the later Z-32 5 speed. The internals are the same but there is some mention about the bell housing being different??.

Late FS5R30A

FS5R30AZ32007Large.jpg

Also I have heard that there were three different spline types used with the 300zx for the larger drive shafts???? Just saying make sure you check these things.

Here's a 300zx tranny to use. It's for the '84-'88?? non turbo. It's the FS5W71C type. It's more than strong enough, lighter, smaller for better fit and probably cheaper.

FS5W71C

transFS5W71Cnonturbo84-88Z31.jpg

Do not go for the FS5R90A

• 2 weeks later...

ya i have to call him wed so i hope it works out for me. for $400 i will be happy with all that.not sure what i can all use off the car yet? it has 14" steelies 4 bolt rims. it was to tight to see the car up close so i only got it started for a few mins to check it out.

oh ya he said it hauled ass. would spin the tires no problem :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.