Found: 300ZX Racer Slot Car Set at Thrift Store

I found this gem at the local thrift store.

300zxtrack.jpg

What kid wouldn't want that based on the cover art alone? I was very tempted to buy it as it seemed very complete, but the cars were missing. Now I'm thinking of just buying it for the track to have a more complete set of pieces to go with the ones from my childhood.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I occasionally see slot car sets at thrift stores... I had Tyco stuff when I was a kid, still have the set. Yeah, Tyco was pretty cheap and cheesy but you could still get parts. Whenever I find a Tyco set I buy it as long as it isn't a complete waste or overpriced ($5-10 is good for a relatively complete set). I've bought 3 more sets that way, and only one was missing any track (2 sections). The last one I bought was "JDM"... the box was in Japanese, the instructions were in Japanese, and the power supply was for 100V 60Hz (Only Japan uses that). It did have one car in it, which is the first time I've ever found a set with one. I've sometimes found car parts in the sets but never a working car until then.

I probably have enough track now to make a 150 foot or more track, if you could ever make that much track work. Around Thanksgiving I set up a track on the living room floor to see what I actually had, got a few cars running. Then sorted the pieces into the correct boxes to make the 4 sets I have more or less complete.