escalade wheels

shane_lxi

I might be getting my hands on a set of 17" escalade wheels a guy left at my work today. They're the chrome version, not the clear coated.

Anyway, I was thinking of trying something different, and wanted an opinion. I was going to try shooting some of that transparent metal paint/tint over them, maybe red or gold (to give a kind of hyper metallic look), but I dont know how well it'd stick to chrome, since it not a 'scuffable' surface really, there wouldnt be much for the paint to stick to. Let me know what you think. I suppose if it didnt work well, it wouldnt be tough to get it off the wheels, but I'd rather not waste time on something that wont work :P.

I've been told that's what this guy did, but I dont know how well it really worked out in the long run...

cerberus34front.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dupli color has a line of spray paint that is meant to be sprayed over chrome. They have red,gold, green & blue. I did my HB rims using it & it was easy & it's actually kinda durable. Just do a few light coats at a time & remember its transpearent paint so each coat will get darker. I did 3 coats & then 3 clear coats, yes you need to clear it so it will protect & make it shine better. I bought the paint/clear @ Kragen [shucks].............

5-23rimmasked.jpg

5-23rimpainted.jpg