evo 8 recaro install help

datsundan

I just scored a set of evo 8 recaros for $400.. and was wondering if any of you out there have some in your dime because i need help on how you did the brackets. When i got my dime it came with some integra seats mounted and im not sure if the brackets are the factory 510 ones or not because the brackets dont look hand made and they are welded to the sliders. i was debating on whether or not to fab up some brackets or just hacksaw and dremel the welds off the old brackets and re-weld em to the recaros. any input would help.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just grind off the welds and use(reweld) the ones you have. If you like them anyway. Stock or not they fit and work so why not?

For my 350z seats I'm going to just weld stock mounts onto the stock z33 sliders via either square stock or 3/8 plate, easy peasy.

DSCF4174.jpg

I would just grind off the welds and use(reweld) the ones you have. If you like them anyway. Stock or not they fit and work so why not?

For my 350z seats I'm going to just weld stock mounts onto the stock z33 sliders via either square stock or 3/8 plate, easy peasy.

DSCF4174.jpg

the problem I see with that is now your loosing head room with all that square stock im sure theirs a better way with some flat brackets... unless you like sitting up high..

seating position is really driver preferance, you just gotta make your brackets to suit your driving style IMO....

Ya that's why I may use 3/8 plate. The seats are naturally super low, the square stock's added inch doesn't make THAT much of a dif. Pref aside lower is always better though. I personally like to sit high but I know its bad.

They are actually like 1.5" lower then stock even using the square stock. Not to side track the thread but to give an example here's a comparison.

350z with square stock mount.

DSCF4180.jpg

stock

240z_seats.jpg

they acctully look pretty good in their hows the headrest to roof clearance???

like i said its all personal if you sit in their and pedels feel right, steering wheel, shifter, rear view if it feels good then take it for a drive and see how you like it....

they acctully look pretty good in their hows the headrest to roof clearance???

like i said its all personal if you sit in their and pedels feel right, steering wheel, shifter, rear view if it feels good then take it for a drive and see how you like it....

Those aren't my pics, I have the seats and car. Thats the route I'll be taking. Check my build thread and you'll see where I'm at.

I agree about the pref that why Idk if I'll use square stock or 3/8 plate. As good as low is the z has a long hood and tall dash.

The rest to roof clearance looks pretty good to me.

DSCF4195.jpg

The owner of this car said he is 6'2" and with a helmet hes got like and inch. I'm 6'1" so I think I'd be good either way.