KAe prices

Sorry for the dumb Q but what is a used KAe motor, KA 5 speed, complete uncut engine harness and #10 ecu (I know, wrong one)all from the same 240sx worth, in what the owner describes as "smooth running and shifting" condition? No compression reading and I won't be able to heard it run because it’s already pulled.

Thanks

Joel

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still get a compression reading with the engine out of the car. :unsure: Or even better yet, a cylinder leak-down reading.

That's always a gamble if you can't hear it run before hand. I wouldn't give him over $400(Even if it was in fact, in nice condition).

He wants $500... to much?

Thanks

Joel

If hes not willing/able to give you compression results Id say so, just because someone says its a good running motor dosent mean it is and if they dont have proof I assume its not up to par just to be safe

You can still get a compression reading with the engine out of the car. :unsure: Or even better yet, a cylinder leak-down reading.

That's always a gamble if you can't hear it run before hand. I wouldn't give him over $400(Even if it was in fact, in nice condition).

I know, but it’s a 4 hour drive to pick it up not to mention the time to do the tests... I'm planning on probably re building the bottom end and working over the head before dropping it in so as long as its not something completely catastrophic it will be fine I guess... I hate FI swaps, so many things to go wrong :blink:

Thanks

Joel

I know, but it’s a 4 hour drive to pick it up not to mention the time to do the tests... I'm planning on probably re building the bottom end and working over the head before dropping it in so as long as its not something completely catastrophic it will be fine I guess... I hate FI swaps, so many things to go wrong :blink:

Thanks

Joel

Id offer $400 if he cant provide test results (its really not that hard to do) and since your going to be pulling it apart anyway.

If hes not willing/able to give you compression results Id say so, just because someone says its a good running motor dosent mean it is and if they dont have proof I assume its not up to par just to be safe

Right, that’s why I'm asking... I always have my doubts especially when it comes to motors that are swapped out and then sold.

Thanks

Joel

Id offer $400 if he cant provide test results (its really not that hard to do) and since your going to be pulling it apart anyway.

Yeah, I think I might just do that... Good to know what it’s worth going in :rolleyes: Should have asked these questions a while ago.

Thanks

Joel

Ka24e right?

500 is waayyyyyy to much

I wouldnt pay more than 250 for a motorset. At least that is what you can get them for around here. ka24de's are about 5-600

Yeah, KA24e. $250 huh? He probably won't go for that... Guess I'll have to keep on looking. I was stacking his price against what a lot of the yards charge around here for the same set and it appeared to be a pretty good deal.

Thanks

Joel

I sold a pair, and one five speed for $350 with ecm,maf and clutch, etc. They are not hard to find on the seattle CL today there is a 94 Ka24de 100k with trans and ecm, harness, etc. For $400. So do some shopping spend wisely stuff is cheap right now due to all of us unemployed folk selling our stuff to get by. I have come up on some good stuff :rolleyes: , I have also had to sell some good stuff for less than I payed because of the economy :unsure:.

Thanks

Bryce

Good job man. I think you'll find a much better deal than that. Are you sold on the KA24E? Or was that just an opportunity that presented itself.. do you know what you want to build, for sure? I would recommend doing some research and figuring out EXACTLY what you want, pricing everything, budgeting it all out, and then begin your collection of the pieces to your puzzle.

I'm just now learning that lesson, and boy, it can be an expensive lesson to learn! If you don't have a clear plan, my advice is to formulate one. Do some research, like I said, find out exactly what you want, and most importantly, STICK TO IT. Once you get it done, THEN you can decide if you want something different.

I think the most important thing is to finish what you start.. too many bad influences these days urging us to "abandon ship" when things get tough...

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...