need interior parts for 1978-81 510

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you actually want the '80-81 version bezel and not the '78-79 version because the dashes are significantly different (and incompatible). The dash pad is different too but I think it's "close enough" to work.

Might also want to specify color. A green dash cap, a brown bezel, and a blue interior might look a bit odd.

looking for a decent dash pad and plastic dash surround??? bezel??? piece that surrounds the dash and houses the heater controls, cigarette lighter, etc.

THANKS!!!!

I'm assuming you actually want the '80-81 version bezel and not the '78-79 version because the dashes are significantly different (and incompatible). The dash pad is different too but I think it's "close enough" to work.

Might also want to specify color. A green dash cap, a brown bezel, and a blue interior might look a bit odd.

DH, I appreciate the tip on 78-79 versus 80-81. I actually have pictures of a '78 wagon's dash I snapped a few months back and they are indeed very different creatures! Thanks!

re: colors - naw, that's why God in His infinite wisdom created vinyl dye - lol ;) !

Well, I suppose vinyl dye works if you want black. '80-81s only came in (dark) Beige and Blue as far as I can tell. Never seen anything else at least. '78-79 came in Brown, Green, and Black. If there are any other colors for any of the years I've never seen 'em and I've had all the ones listed (Green was the rarest, I've only had one and seen very very few)

I have nearly every interior part in blue EXCEPT a fascia, and the dash cap I have has 3 cracks. Well, I have what's left of a fascia after the radio was ejected when I got rear-ended on the freeway. I had a fairly nice one but it went with the car it was in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.