vin problems

Woody620

In some states it is no problem. They will look up the title and you then send the owner of record a Registered letter. If it comes back mail undeliverable, they give you a provisional title. In three years, it will be cleared and is yours.

Don't give up.

I'm pretty sure Oregon don't do the whole "bonded title thing" i know WA does but it cost a lot of money and takes time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In NJ and I know VT you don't need a title, depending ont he year anyway, think 25 years is the cut off. In NJ you need a bill of sale and a copy of the last registration on the car, which you can file for using the vin if you don't know the previous owner or he doesn't have it. In VT you only need a bill of sale. My friend told me PA is the same as NJ but Idk for sure.

In NJ and I know VT you don't need a title, depending ont he year anyway, think 25 years is the cut off. In NJ you need a bill of sale and a copy of the last registration on the car, which you can file for using the vin if you don't know the previous owner or he doesn't have it. Ny is similar. In VT you only need a bill of sale. My friend told me PA is the same as NJ but Idk for sure.

For newer then 25 years though here your screwed.

::this was supposed to be a edit lol rushing.::

i looked on the az dmv website and couldnt find a number. thats why i asked.

its a good thing its a 74 then.

and like i said before, ive had a sherrif check the vins and its not stolen.

and does az have realease of interest forms? will that and a bill of sale work?

hmmmmm