Anyone in San Jose Ca that can look at a car for me?

I'm interested in buying this 510 in San Jose, however I live in Phoenix and cant get up there quickly. Anyone interested in helping me out? I'll throw a little cash your way if it results in my purchasing the car.

Would like someone to look at it and possibly pick it up for me. Then I will make arrangements to have it shipped to me.

I called the owner but his English was not great and he had a hard time understanding that I would buy the car and have it shipped to Arizona. Also he was not able to answer my questions about the car.

I'm thinking I will give someone $50 if they were to check it out and I had an opportunity to buy but because of condition decided not to.

I would be willing to pay someone $200 if it results in my purchase and they would be willing to pick it up and hold it until a truck comes to get it.

Dang it would be nice if a car like this came up for sale locally.

Does this sound reasonable? I can be reached at 602-550- five, four, six, five

Dale - AZ_L320

Here is a link. Link says las vegas, but its in San Jose.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1524338551.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find alvin over on http://www.311s.org and see if he will put his eyes on it for you. He helped me do a Roadster deal last summer and I trust his judgment. There is also a Z car shop in SJ that might give it the once over for you also. Can't remember the name of the place but Alvin will know. Regards,

Mike

aka exit64

wow! I know exactly where that goon is (right around the corner from my parents house). I have seen it a few times and I wanted to stop and ask if it was for sale. Anyways I can help but I don't want my input to have a deciding factor on purchase (I get way to exited around these cars and I don't want to mislead in any condition of the car), I can go check it out and take a shit load of pictures for you (you can let me know what would you like to see) then Ill send you the pictures and you decide what to do. I can hold the car until there is shipping arrangements that's no prob. Its weird the goon is right by where two other dime owners live (one of whom is on the realm) and no one mentioned anything, and also its weird the ad is not on the SF bay area craigslist. let me know if you want me to help. I'll be back in town Monday

Just wanted to post an update to this thread.

Also I want to publicly thank Mario (71Dimer) for taking the drive to look at this car and give me over 60 pictures!

Awesome job Mario, I really appreciate it!

After looking through all the pictures and talking with Mario, I decided to pass on this car. I'm looking for a nicer wagon to start with. I think this one was pretty overpriced for what it was. I don't mind paying a slight premium, but also want a pretty nice car to start with. I'll keep looking :)

I'm glad it worked out for me to post this request, and thanks to Mario for coming through. Thanks also to "Chato" for making the offer as well.

Dale - AZ_L320

Just wanted to post an update to this thread.

Also I want to publicly thank Mario (71Dimer) for taking the drive to look at this car and give me over 60 pictures!

Awesome job Mario, I really appreciate it!

After looking through all the pictures and talking with Mario, I decided to pass on this car. I'm looking for a nicer wagon to start with. I think this one was pretty overpriced for what it was. I don't mind paying a slight premium, but also want a pretty nice car to start with. I'll keep looking :)

I'm glad it worked out for me to post this request, and thanks to Mario for coming through. Thanks also to "Chato" for making the offer as well.

Dale - AZ_L320

Hey man no prob. Sorry I didn't call you Today. I got home late Sunday and I woke up to the surprice I had to come in to work to cover some shifts I really wanted the day off haha. anyways glad you got a better look at the goon.

good luck in your search. I paid 1700 for my "reasonable" shape goon but this is Georgia where i'm at haha. I'm sure you can get a pretty nice one over there for around 2k!! good luck!!!

It is right by my house(whats up chato). I looked at it briefly a few weeks back, in the rain. The interior looked decent. It is an automatic as the ad states. Down the driverside, the panels are a bit wavey, and on both sides, just rear of the rear doors, the body is flattened, as if rubbed on poles in a parking lot of something. Thats all I remember. No for sale sign on it, but it is parked in front of a body shop, so I assume it is someone's who works there.

Hey Dale, glad I was able to help you out and hopefully save you time and a lot of grief if you bought it and had it shipped sight unseen. For any one else that's interested here's what I sent Dale.

PAINT/BODY:

The thing has been resprayed and poorly in my opinion since the window stripping is painted over and the spare tire under the cargo has a lot of overspray. The paint seems dull and not sure how well it would polish up since I don't now the paint quality that was used. There are some spots of rust here and there, the worst being on top of the front windshield. The passenser side has some little dings but the drivers side has some dents. I took some pics with the doors all shut but the body lines looked like the door was openned a bit. There's a fairly large chunk (about 6"-8" wide) of paint missing from the drivers side front fender.

INTERIOR:

The interior looks decent, except for the front A pillars needing repair the headliner is in great shape as are the seats and all door panels.

Here's a link to a slideshow and individual pics

OVERALL:

The thing started when the owner shot some starting fluid down the carb but it quickly died. He installed a new fuel pump, voltage regulator relay, and new alternator but there is probably something clogging the fuel line since no fuel is getting to it (hence the starting fluid down the carb). Because of that I didn't get to drive it for you. Oh yeah and he has the title so no issues there.

DSCN6532.jpg

DSCN6533.jpg

DSCN6534.jpg

DSCN6535.jpg

DSCN6537.jpg

DSCN6538.jpg

DSCN6539.jpg

DSCN6540.jpg

DSCN6541.jpg

DSCN6542.jpg

DSCN6543.jpg

DSCN6544.jpg

DSCN6545.jpg

DSCN6546.jpg

DSCN6547.jpg

DSCN6548.jpg

DSCN6549.jpg

DSCN6550.jpg

DSCN6551.jpg

DSCN6552.jpg

DSCN6553.jpg

DSCN6554.jpg

DSCN6555.jpg

DSCN6556.jpg

DSCN6557.jpg

DSCN6558.jpg

DSCN6559.jpg

DSCN6560.jpg

DSCN6561.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.