carb help

danbennett1973

Hello, I am new here so I will welcome my self. My name Is Dan and I live in Eugene, OR.

To the carb question, I have a 620 and the carb is just jimmied up bad. I think I can fix it so it works right but need to know where to get a good rebuild kit for cheap. The other question is there any other conversions besides a Weber carb that may be cheaper in price.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think upgrading to a Weber 32/36 is a worthwhile switch. You can find them used in good shape for $150, and your gas mileage and performance will both be marginally improved. They're also pretty easy to work on. It would probably be cheaper to rebuild your stock carb, but then you still have a stock carb.:(

I think upgrading to a Weber 32/36 is a worthwhile switch. You can find them used in good shape for $150, and your gas mileage and performance will both be marginally improved. They're also pretty easy to work on. It would probably be cheaper to rebuild your stock carb, but then you still have a stock carb.:(

I have currently made efforts to make my Hitachi run better, but the damn thing is running rich after the rebuild (need to adjust float level). I am going to have some Christmas money soon, and a used weber is just what I wanted to buy. I've looked on CL and ebay, but not too many used boys are showing up. Where else would you look?

No offense, but if you cannot adjust the float level, buying a Weber is not a great idea. The weber will need to be adjusted too, and the Weber float level is not as easy to do (because the Hitachi has a float level sight-glass).

None taken. This is my first carbed vehicle and I'm learning everyday. It just seems like trying to make a 36 year old piece of metal work like it used to is just not worth it. Besides the float level, the choke is goofed up, the hose supplying the IAC solenoid (I believe that's what it is called) is collapsed, and the sight glass might have been put in upside down (my buddy rebuilt the carb while I was in class, he has experiences with old 2 barrels, but never a clear sight glass).

The manual does not describe too well the details of adjusting it, and I don't want to break anything making it a necessity to buy another rebuild kit. If you have any other suggestions it would be helpful.