new to me 71 510 build start

71pl510

So I have been lurking here for awhile and picked up a 71 a few weeks ago so far I have the left side stripped of paint and started on the front and back ends pulled the 2L motor today to start on the motor bay prep for paint and swap sr20det I think not sure about that yet. I am still on the steep part of the learning curve and searching the forums for answers.

I want to keep the fenders stock but have the widest rubber possible soooo my question is do the coil over rear shocks decrease the clearance on the rear wheel wells.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to have you here. You've found the best place for Datsun info. Probably everything you need to know is buried somewhere in past posts. It's kind of traditional to post pics of your car, no matter how bad it looks. I even put up a couple of my F10, and it's no beauty queen. So I'll be the first to say - Post Pics (when you can).

Len

here are some pics of what I am doing left side stripped of paint floorboards sand blasted chem treated rust painted then coated with undercoat there was surface rust, the worst on drivers floorboard. pulled the engine yesterday and need to start the cleanup of the engine bay. It;s about 15 degrees out in the garage right now so kind of hard to get too modivated.

Datsun510#5412179894597584098

Datsun510#5412179898683722322

Datsun510#5412179901684508914

Datsun510#5412179907772803458

Ok need to figure out pics later