521 Lowering Rear Questions

dross93ranger

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just that one leaf will have minimum effective results. There may be a drop...but man it would be little...:rolleyes:

I think that it was Bob Marley who once said..."one leaf is not enough"

here is my 521 with 3 inch blocks and 2 leaves out...just for a comparison.

P9300047.jpg

Man...when I pulled the second leaf the result was more like 1/2 inch...at most. I know the middle leaf may yield a deeper drop...but I would say an inch is being generous...maybe 7/8...15/16 at the very most.:blink:

:lol:

Man...when I pulled the second leaf the result was more like 1/2 inch...at most. I know the middle leaf may yield a deeper drop...but I would say an inch is being generous...maybe 7/8...15/16 at the very most.:blink:

:lol:

Thats what I figured, we are also going to be buying 3 inch blocks this weekend. If I monoleafed it, how bad is the ride. It is my wife's truck and she has some back problems so we need to keep it with somewhat decent ride quality. Up front we are just going to reindex the torsion bars.

BTW this truck only has 3 leaves per side.

Edited by dross93ranger

The labor portion of the job is not very time consuming or difficult. Unless of course the bolts are all rusted.:rolleyes:

I would suggest that since her back is the chief concern here...that you install the blocks, leave the factory springpack in the truck... and see what she thinks. Then if needed take a leaf out...the ride will soften with decreased number of leaves anyway...so as far as her comfort is concerned it will just keep getting better the cooler it looks...to a point.

I can't comment on the monoleaf concept since there are several ways to do this particular job and the results would each vary depending a lot on the leaf that is chosen.

Thanks guys, after the weekend we will post up pictures of whatever route we choose. The labor I know is easy, but the u-bolts are rusted up something horrible so we will just be cutting them off. My Ranger is an extremely low static drop, I drag everywhere and she wants to be the same so I bet she will sacrifice the ride quality if it comes down to it.

Thats what I figured, we are also going to be buying 3 inch blocks this weekend. If I monoleafed it, how bad is the ride. It is my wife's truck and she has some back problems so we need to keep it with somewhat decent ride quality. Up front we are just going to reindex the torsion bars.

BTW this truck only has 3 leaves per side.

If she has back problems then I say bag it :lol: riden like a caddy