71 510 wiring ka24de

i know this has been brought up alot on how to do the wiring but im assuming im blind because ive been trying to find info on how to do the wiring and i cant find what im looking for.

i bought a 510 without the wiring harness for the chassis. i picked up a 73 510 chassis harness complete from front to back which included the cluster.

i have installed most of the chassis harness but now im onto wiring up the engine harness to the car. i heard i will need to get a different speed sensor to make the clutster work with the 5 speed. i am using a inline warlboro fuel pump. i will also need help wiring up.

if anyone has any info with pics of their install. exact parts needed for the swap to make everything work corrects and obviously wiring diagrams. i have looked but cant find one. like i said before. im probaly blind :confused:

thanks

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i wish the car was running by now.

i have had the car since aug. this kid i know recommended me to one of his friends who does sr swaps and stuff. i paid 1000$ upfront (biggest mistake) to start on the work. found out the engine was blown so i fully built the block. well i got them the engine. a month and 1.2 later after i dropped the engine off to them rebuilt the engine just got put in. we got in an arguement and they told me to pretty much go **** myself. i can come pick up my car and no refund. so now the cars back and im trying to get the car up and running asap.

im not very good with wiring. but im going to figure it out.

amerikajin custom fabrication

they are located in riverside california.

they beat around the bush for a month and 1.2 working on their own projects and other shit pushing my car aside. when they had my money in hand. then we got in and arguement over the work being done and they told me to go screw myself and i can do the rest of the work.

so i think it was more of they were taking their time to get an excuse to screw me over

im located in murrieta.

i plan to have a few friends over on sunday to start with the wiring.

gettin all the parts i need together right now.

i was looking at the "how to" for the wiring.

what relays should i buy? and where at has them? local or even online

if you arent busy id be willing to give you gas money to come up and help with the wiring process...

i got my relays from willy's electronics. they are 40/30A and so far are working good. what i did is i went to the junk yard and got the grey and brown plugs that hook up to the harness. this way you dont have to cut any wires on the engine harness. i sat down in front of my computer and wired the relays and fuse box to those two plugsss. once i was finished i just went to my car pluged them in, hooked up the acc power wire, fuel pump, and started right up. the fuse box i got from autozone. here is a pic ill try to take some more tomorrow.

SI850783.jpg

IMG_9899.jpg

my harness has already been cut.

so it looks like this.

i have wires coming out of the ecu along with the wires coming from the part that separates before the ecu.

are you busy sunday and able to lend a hand? can give you some gas money to head up here

that looks pretty easy to do. mine's still taken apart if you want to look at it.