Windsheild question - Safelite is a pain

crazytimme

Problem - they(safelite auto glass) says that the can get the glass and molding but their is a clip needed for the install. And they told me to find it myself!!!

1971 510 wagon.

I don't know what clip they are talking about, I have an old Clymer manual that talks about replacing the windscreen, but no clip is mentioned, the microfiche found through dime quarterly dose not show any clip. Is their such a thing or are the thinking of another car

My windshield is needs to be replaced, my insurance is covering it. They work with safelite auto glass.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem - they(safelite auto glass) says that the can get the glass and molding but their is a clip needed for the install. And they told me to find it myself!!!

1971 510 wagon.

I don't know what clip they are talking about

neither do I. :confused:

tell them the 'current clip' is resuable :lol:

the moulding is 'decorative' and NOT required.

the seal is avail for use w/o the trim.

State Farm paid to have Safelite replace the windshield in my 620. I am horribly disappointed in it. It broke after a few months. The glass is dreadfully thin. The seal they supplied does not fit the windshield opening at all. Buyer beware..

After I told safelite that my locking clips were in good shape the then desided to tell me that they were not willing to replace my glass because something might go wrong. Insurance then went with speedy auto, the came out and replaced it.

Seal is slightly on the small side it looks like.

It tech was worried that it might leak so he put sealant everywhere, did a clean job, might not look og, but looks good and shouldn't leak.

Had to go to class during installation but tech said the only body rust was in the to bottom corners, and he put some primer on it.

Now I have a windshield I can actually see through.

• 5 months later...