z32 brake convertion for 510

novita1021

okay guys i just picked up a full set of z32 calipers..so i know for the front i have to use vg s12 struts and z31 hubs and rotors but thats keeping it 4lug..what if i wanna do 5 lug and also put rear disc with z32 calipers and e-brake..i have an s14 sr in my car stock and realy have a hard time stopping so yeah haha..im also getting nistune and n62 maf with 550cc sards..so need stopin pawah!!

any pointers how to aproach or get started..i just have the calipers right now..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay guys i just picked up a full set of z32 calipers..so i know for the front i have to use vg s12 struts and z31 hubs and rotors but thats keeping it 4lug..what if i wanna do 5 lug and also put rear disc with z32 calipers and e-brake..i have an s14 sr in my car stock and realy have a hard time stopping so yeah haha..im also getting nistune and n62 maf with 550cc sards..so need stopin pawah!!

any pointers how to aproach or get started..i just have the calipers right now..

find 5 lug z31 hubs, the z32 ebrake is drum style inside the rear rotor and the caliper is for stopping with the brake pedal only. So unless you wanna use z32 rear hubs, you arent going to be able to use the z32 ebrake cheaply/easily.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks hoov100 for the reply..

well the rear hub and e-brake assembly i can get by today my buddie has a sload of spare z32 ebrake parts and rear stuff..so what would i need the rear hubs?which rotors do i use the z32 ones?and would i have to swap diff?or just the axels?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i'm also working on this swap, as i have the Z32 brake setup sitting in a box. i am going a slightly different route only because i already have my suspension setup how i want it.

i already have coilovers front and rear. front are techno toy tuning units made from the 280zx struts and GC coilover kit, rear are prolight coilover shocks from troy ermish racing and the 280zx disk brake swap done front and rear.

soo far i have taken the 280zx hub and put it on my lathe and machined the circumference to fit the z32 rotor, re drilled the z32 rotors to 4 lug. with the hub back on the strut the rotor now fits perfect. fitting the caliper will take cutting off one of the stock mounting points on the strut, and moving it out 10MM, then weld it back in place( this is the step i am at now). keep in mind that i am using the 26MM version of the z32 front brakes, not the 30mm.with the 26mm z32 brakes the mounting points on the caliper are 100mm center to center, on the 280zx strut, the caliper mount is 90MM center to center

i did a really quick check on the rear brakes and from what i can tell, using the 26MM z32 setup, the rotor fits on the rear hub perfect, keep in mind that i already have rear disk(280zx). the adapter bracket used for the 280zx rear caliper also fits the rear z32 caliper, i think the only thing to be done there is to increase the height of the bracket because the rotor is larger than the 280zx stuff.

i should take some pics