RL411 SSS help

I just got off the phone with the insurance adjuster for the guy who rear ended me as I was arriving at a car show/meet. Even though the damage is fairly light, the buthead just tried to get me to total the car. HA!:mad:

Over my dead body. That ain't gonna happen - so I'm fighting back. :fu:

Has anyone on the list sold any nice running RL411s in CA in the last year or two? PL411s work also.

I'm looking for prices and comparables, what these cars have actually sold for. I found a couple on Bring a Trailer, but figured I would hit you guys up too.

I know some rough cars go pretty cheap, but I'm looking for the nice runners.

This is the same car that was featured on clunkbucket a few months ago. http://clunkbucket.com/return-of-bluebird/. It ain't pretty, but it's mine and I want the damn thing fixed! :cursing:

"Sparky" Pete

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

troyintahoe sold his in November 2008 in 24 hours for $3200 "sight unseen" thru Craigslist. Contact him at wright3745@gmail.com. He posted this info on 5 Nov 2008 so it's probably in the archives. It was a 1967 RL411SSS with the Borg Warner automatic.

Edited by MikeRL411
Spelling, some of us do care.

Hey my dad bought my mom a 1967 RL411 1600 SSS BW auto dual Carb in 1979 for $500.00 . From a co-worker who was going to junk it. It had a little front end damage. My dad got it fixed drove it for about five years, then had engine rebuilt. Drove the car until 1992 when an unfortunate accident with an aftermarket oil gauge line broke while he was driving back home from out of town. He had given the car to me, it was supposed to be my first car.

Thanks, Yall rock!

I've got a few leads, we'll see where they go. I got ahold of the person who listed the New Zealand PL411 on Evibay and am tracking down some others.

I got the supposed valuation today. State farm thinks Everwing fog-lamps are only worth 20 bucks. Ha-ha-ha, ask any roadster guy how much they actually cost.

Stupid bastards.

They also listed my brand new ACC carpet as VERY worn and the headliner as having large tears. Its nearly perfect minus one pinky finger size hole in a corner (and a little dingy now that I think of it).