73 620 Throttle switch

athoose

What does the throttle switch do on my 73 truck. I think its a throttle switch it is switched when the throttle is opened. Is it needed? I ask because I rebuilt my carb and the phenolic spacer broke so I had to remove it for now. Which created an alignment issue with the swich. I do plan to put it back on. ... the phenolic spacer.

Thanks

It is a hitachi carb if that matters.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The throttle switch plus a temp sensor switch in the cab, plus a forth gear switch in the tranny all are used to control the retard set of points. Depending on the air temp (warmed up), weather you are in high gear (yes?) and if you have the throttle open more than half way (yes?) will disconnect the retard set of points. At all other times the retard set are in operation.

Don't worry about the carb switch, instead find the distributor relay and disconnect the plug to it. This will allow the dizzy to run on the advanced set of points permanently for best performance.