Wow - F10 parts car and oh no!

At Pull n Save with a buddy Thursday. He finds a rare F10 hatchback, so we go to work. He got the cylinder head as a spare for the A14 in his Datsun 1200. We found out you can break loose A14 head bolts with a 3/8" drive ratchet - if you use a length of exhaust tubing as a cheater. While he was doing that, I got the gas cap and hood release cable for my F10. I also got shifter parts for Mikko1200 (if anyone knows how to contact him, please let him know I need to talk to him. I sent a PM, but I don't know how often he checks in here). With the head off, the shifter parts were a lot easier to get to. So we got our parts, packed up tools, talking about maybe coming back for more parts - starter, radiator, dizzy, various things. Made sure to close the hood, so rain couldn't get into the cylinders, in case we decided to get the block. The instant the hood dropped shut we looked at each other because we realized I was holding the newly removed hood release cable in my hand! I guess I could have left it shut so no one else could get any parts, but nice guy that I am, I crawled under and felt around behind the engine until I released the latch. Then we took the catch eye off the hood so it can't latch again. It is nice to know I can open the hood on my F10 if the new cable ever breaks.

I really want to go back with a camera to record how the owner of this car patched rust holes in the fenders with flattened Bud cans and pop rivets, using spray in foam insulation for strength. I've seen aluminum roof flashing pop riveted over rust, but why use something expensive like that, when everyone always has beer cans?

Len

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I snagged the tach and the steering wheel out of that the other day... On those poprivets and the olive drab green "trim" and accents on the inside Im guessing the guy got them from work...The base pass was still tucked up in the door trim on the drivers side... I was going to snag the console too but it was missing a few pieces...

The doorpanels actually looked kind of nice... It would be a cool one to get some pics of, there were some WTF type fixes (diggin the spray foam...) but also some decent cheap out of the box type fixes also...

BTW, if anybody *needs* a tach for one of these things let me know soon... I got it to cut apart and try and fit it inside an old SUN housing... Figured the guts would work better than the old crap and Id have a gauge face that matches the rest of the stuff...

I checked out the 200sx also... I hate it when people break stuff all to hell when properly removing it would probably be faster and easier... The console assembly and e-brake would have been friggin sweet in a 620...My little sis was cool enough to take a video of me yanking the head (still looking for a close chamber...) and put it up on her friggin facebook page...

Cool thing about the 200SX... the 5speed badge that was on the rear is the same as the early 5 speed badges for the 75/76 620s but the 5 is painted red... I was giddy as a damn school girl when I found that...:D

Both times I went out there I was looking for door glass to replace windows busted out by little punks in the neighborhood...

Mike - When I first saw the dash apart, I was puzzled, but then remembered the tach might be of use to someone. The F10 wagons didn't come with a tach, but good luck finding someone running a wagon. I wonder if the F10 tach might directly fit a 210 or 310? More guys with those cars.

If the steering wheel is in nice condition, I think Mikko1200 would love to get it away from you. He needs one for his F10 hatch. I hope I can get in touch with him before the P&S crushes the F10, to see if there are other things he needs.

I'm tempted to get those door panels. Interesting look. I'll at least try to get some pics.

The 200SX was gone Thursday - or I was so excited by the F10 I missed seeing it. I assume you are talking about the late '70s one. I had a list of bits and pieces I wanted to get off it, but I guess the crusher got it. I wonder if the L20B and dogleg were still in it when it went?

If you need 620 door glass, PM me. I know a guy in Spokane who had 620 parts as of early summer. I think I can find his number. He might have something.

Len