layin frame in a 521

1sad521

i know i might make some of you cringe, but......... but i wanna lay door in my 521:p

i wanna do this with a cantilever IRS. now i saw the thread of the guy using the miata clips, and i didnt want to thread jack so i figured i'd start a new one to ask all the questions. here goes:

is the geometry of the miata suspension pretty decent throughout the travel?

exactly how much is full travel?

is the miata stuff actually small enough to tuck under a 521? couldnt tell from his thread:o i guess i could go with positive offset wheels but i would prefer no offset:rolleyes:

any knowledge is greatly appreciated:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

layin frame on the IRS:p mostly the IRS...... i think i MIGHT have the rest possibly close to figured out:confused:

im a rambler anyway so i can understand the confusion

im mostly lookin for opinions/experience with an IRS that will fit under a 521 and have a decent amount of travel

the title was mostly an attention grabber

Edited by 1sad521
i forget
Dont need to go IRS to lay frame although it would be kool. A 6 inch step notch & a 2 1/2 inch BD or so will lay the rockers. IMO i wouldnt cut the rockers off, messes with the look of the truck.

i know i dont have to but i love the VIP style and i want me some 4 wheel demon camber on this thing:D

i've been foolin around with photoshop and to me id rather cut the rockers than section the bed....... that also means that im that much lower:cool:

i know its sacreligious to say it on this site but....... i would like the cab and bed to even somehow

Edited by 1sad521
details
Mazda Miati IRS fits and should handle extremely well.

mx52011-30-08006.jpg

that is almost the exact pic i needed!:D if you had one with the bed on that would be better. im gonna be followin your thread religiously and stealin all your ideas:p

will that tuck?? i guess the important question is what offset are those? im willing to go positive offset if it doesnt mean that i have to do all the shortening and other fab work that i would with other IRSs