Considering '03 Frontier SC LB 4X4. Good/Bad?

Str8_69

Any input appreciated. Approx 100K, clean carfax, but reviews on the web are fairly vague, anyone have some real experience with this genre? Truck looks awesome with almost all options.. Anything to beware of? V6 AT SC. Woulda posted in general but hoping the truck forum gets better results. Bounce me if not appropriate :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the SC isn't all that impressive - if you drive both you barely notice the difference(mostly just noise) timing belt is due at 105k -interference engine so needs to be done, check for exaust leaks - the manifolds like to crack; take it somewhere to pull codes, they like to hide knock sensor codes - doesn't turn the check engine light on but still indicates failure.

edit: I work on them every day so if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me

the SC isn't all that impressive - if you drive both you barely notice the difference(mostly just noise) timing belt is due at 105k -interference engine so needs to be done, check for exaust leaks - the manifolds like to crack; take it somewhere to pull codes, they like to hide knock sensor codes - doesn't turn the check engine light on but still indicates failure.

edit: I work on them every day so if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me

Awesome info, thanks nismo. I did talk to a guy that said he had a cracked ex manifold on his but didn't know it was hereditary. Might rent a code reader to take if I go. :sneaky: