long drive

Greetings all,

I just got home yesterday after 2 months in Wyoming. The Yokohama mama ran like a champ. It was about 1300 miles of driving at 70 mph for 21 hours. Went through 13 qts of oil before I bought a gallon of Lucas oil thickener then no problems. So I'm glad to be back and look forward to visiting the site again.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all,

I just got home yesterday after 2 months in Wyoming. The Yokohama mama ran like a champ. It was about 1300 miles of driving at 70 mph for 21 hours. Went through 13 qts of oil before I bought a gallon of Lucas oil thickener then no problems. So I'm glad to be back and look forward to visiting the site again.

21 hours at 70mph! good lord, I went from Blackwell Oklahoma to Newberg Oregon in a loaded budget truck that would top out at 75 in 26 hours!

Thank god for redbull and no-doze!

wow! 13 quarts! You should pull the engine and swap in some new gaskets.:D

It didn't leak a drop. I think that the valve seals are bad. It started dogging out going through Utah so I pulled the #1 plug and it was dry fouled so I scraped it off, put it back in and blasted for home without further incident. The only time it smokes is after going down a long hill. Also, on the way home if I knew I was coming to a hilly country I would fill it up with premium now it pings when I put in regular. The old girl must have got kind of spoiled, LOL

Yeah kind of wierd, huh? I don't know where it's going but it smokes after it's been idleing for a while and after I coast down a hill. But it clears up after a half a mile or so. Like I said before, I pulled the plugs somewhere in Utah and cleaned the plugs because it was running poorly, lack of power going up hill and just plain old dogging out. The #1 plug was fouled really bad to the point of dissapearing electrode so I scraped and wire brushed it out along with the rest of the plugs and went merrily along my way. I tried to buy a set of points in Riverton, Wyo. to no avail, they never heard of such a thing there.