Need a Breather tube for L18/L20b

I need a the crank case breather tube for an L18 ( the one with the 90 degree bend) so I can finish up the engine swap on my kids truck so he can start driving it. I have had no luck locally at wrecking yards. Can anyone help me out?

Greg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I did was I took a coolant hose that NAPA had(I don't have the part number on me, but I know they carry em), that had a larger end, a 90-elbow and a narrower end(that went on the PCV). I don't have the exact dimensions, but if you're handy w/ a tape-measure, it'd take you about 2 seconds. I secured both ends w/ hose clamps, and it cost about $9 all together.

Sorry I don't have the part number handy, but you CAN make it work without the factory part, I guess is all I'm sayin'. Easily too. Good luck.

I need a the crank case breather tube for an L18 ( the one with the 90 degree bend) ...

I believe the L16/L18 tube comes straight out the side of the block without any bends in it. The L20B tube comes up out of the vent bends 90 to the rear and then curves around to the rubber hose connection.

L16/18:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/L16blockpcv.jpg[/img]"]L16blockpcv.jpg

L20B:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/L%20Z%20Heads%20and%20Motors/motorL20BPCVhosetoblocknonsmog.jpg[/img]"]motorL20BPCVhosetoblocknonsmog.jpg

It is a L18 for sure and the hole in block faces straight up just like the L20b pic. I wish it came out the side then i could have just used my L16 one. Thanks for the pics though. It always makes thing easier. I got a private message from Tdaaj that he has one so hopefully I can finally get this thing on the road.

Edited by Greg-S

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.