suspension question for ya...

Bears510

If you have seen the pics of my car, you know it sits like a jeep right now and that just bothers me for some reason...lol!

With the suspension being totally stock, I would like to temporarily drop it till I get the suspension swapped so I figured I would just cut some coils for now..(cheap and easy fix for a temp thing)

How many coils do you guys think I should cut front and back to get it dropped to a decent height? Not real worried about the ride, tho I don't want it bottoming out majorly over the smallest bumps...

This is the look I am going for, and I have written Jeff, but I know he is a busy guy and haven't heard from him so I thought I would post up..looks like the stockers are just to the lip in the front and maybe tucking just a bit in the back but I know the wheel wells are a lit different front to back so a nice level look height wise is cool...any thoughts...ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Melookingsexynexttomydime.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 coils front and 1.5 back to start, still too high, cut half coil at a time to get it where you like. You don't have to be that precise, just close. The shocks are probably blown, so a good idea is to get new (even cheap ones) shocks/strut inserts.

THAT, is exactly what I was looking for! a good starting point!! I didn't want to spend all day taking them out, cutting, putting back in....nope, too high, taking out and so on!!! as for the shocks, the fronts are good as it looks like they were replaced before it was taken off the road. the rears, however, yeah...they are toast and getting replaced!!!:lol:

thanks for the info!!!!