66 datsun parts questions

520datsun

Just a few questions...on some parts I need...

I have no tailgate and of corse would love a year spacific one but just so I know wut other tailgates would fit my 66 single headlight 520

also same question for the hood

wut can I do about the carb can I do a weber I haven't seen any available and or I just need help on how to tune it...everytime I touch the throttle without the manual choke on it cuts out...I have to have the choke almost all the wayout or it doesn't want to go...thinking it could be timing dunno?

also if anyone know a qouple good places to get parts and stuff let me know I would also like year spacific taillights but having no luck

Thanks a ton guys

Edited by 520datsun
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wrecking yard thread here is worth checking, especially since you're in the PNW.

Here's one from late July, the truck may be long gone, IDK the turn over at the 'big city' yards. This is a dual headlight truck, but the hood and tailgate should both work on your truck.

If you can't find something up by you, there is one in my area. The yard is not a 'professional' yard, so if you want anything off this truck you'd better hurry. Once it starts raining, getting to the truck and pulling parts will be muddy work.

JAM Engineering sells brand new manifold to weber adapters for aobut $30. If you search eBay you might find an MGB PIERCE intake manifold which will bolt to the J13 and provides a weber mounting flange.

If you haven't done it yet, I highly recommend downloading the 520/521 factory manuals from the 620.com. I've gone back to these over and over to help me figure out how some part or another goes together.

You should have the short taillight's, they come up on ebay regularly. But it also pays to search the Parts for sale area here on the site. One example...