compatability ???

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '72 is about a 2,600-2,700 lb boat. Unless forced into boost, the CA will be lugging it around town most of the time. (a smaller 510 or 1200 would fly with this....) I guess if you were to get the 4.625 rear gears from a '74 620 automatic or if daring the 4.875 gears from a J13 powered 520/521 and swap into the '72 this would get the revs up much quicker and spool the turbo sooner.

Thought of fitting the turbo on a CA20 ? Do you have the CA18ET tranny for it?

The '72 is about a 2,600-2,700 lb boat. Unless forced into boost, the CA will be lugging it around town most of the time. (a smaller 510 or 1200 would fly with this....) I guess if you were to get the 4.625 rear gears from a '74 620 automatic or if daring the 4.875 gears from a J13 powered 520/521 and swap into the '72 this would get the revs up much quicker and spool the turbo sooner.

Thought of fitting the turbo on a CA20 ? Do you have the CA18ET tranny for it?

Idk why go through all that trouble to turbo a ca20e and fab mounts/wiring to end up with a 2 liter sohc. Why not just BOLT a L20/2.4 in and be done with it. turbo it if need be.

If dead set on a must fab swap I'd think a ka is WAY better suited.

And even if that ca18et is free I still say it's a waste lol, 135hp/tq AFTER spooling? That's going to be the slowest most ball-less 620 ever lol.

That's going to be the slowest most ball-less 620 ever lol.

You could add these in a pinch.

However, it's a truck. Hopefully means it's going to get some kind of utility use in it's life.... An itty bitty turbo motor isn't really gonna do that... Go with a Z24 or an L of your favorite flavor.

Idk why go through all that trouble to turbo a ca20e and fab mounts/wiring to end up with a 2 liter sohc. Why not just BOLT a L20/2.4 in and be done with it. turbo it if need be.

If dead set on a must fab swap I'd think a ka is WAY better suited.

And even if that ca18et is free I still say it's a waste lol, 135hp/tq AFTER spooling? That's going to be the slowest most ball-less 620 ever lol.

Oh, absolutely. I thought maybe he got the motor free/cheap and wanted to try it. The turbo stuff should fit a CA20 for a bit more power. "here's no replacement for..... :D " The KA puts out more and doesn't even have to work hard to do it. Bigger is better.