Project questions...

rayfinkle5

I have stumbled upon a running 620 for sale that has rust issues (floors, cab corners). The seller also has an extra cab that is in better shape and goes with the sale of the truck. The seller doesn't have a title for either. Questions:

1. How difficult is it to get a title for a truck that currently doesn't have one? The running and rusted truck was abandoned at a mechanics shop and the current owner purchased it from the mechanic. The extra cab was purchased out of a junk yard.

2. Which vehicle would you be more inclined to get a title for, the rusted runner or the extra cab?

3. What would be the best way to combined these two vehicles into one?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VIN Numbers are found on the Frame, I would go off the frame to title the Vehicle. you can swap cabs and not have an issue.

Secondly, What state do you reside in? rules differ state to state

lastly, most states have a timeline where if the car has been off DMV records for 7 years then there is just a special form to file. If not then it gets a little bit harder to prove that the vehicle has not been stolen. If the vehicle is not stolen and you can prove the sale of the car, then its just filing for a lost title (roughly 18$) . and swapping the owners over. oh yeah DMV fees will be pricey if it has not been registered in a while.

Hopefully you are getting this headache for a hell of a deal.

if you are not getting this thing for under $500, i would move on to something else.

Edited by BACARDI_DWB

2. Which vehicle would you be more inclined to get a title for, the rusted runner or the extra cab?

While the King Cab will bolt onto any 620, it really needs to be on a long wheelbase frame. If the rusty runner is a standard cab/short wheelbase, the King Cab will fit but there won't be room for a box.

I have stumbled upon a running 620 for sale that has rust issues (floors, cab corners). The seller also has an extra cab that is in better shape and goes with the sale of the truck. The seller doesn't have a title for either. Questions:

1. How difficult is it to get a title for a truck that currently doesn't have one? The running and rusted truck was abandoned at a mechanics shop and the current owner purchased it from the mechanic. The extra cab was purchased out of a junk yard.

if you live in a whales vagina like bacardi, then i would say pretty hard, you might thave to go to the clit courthouse or somehwere and talk to judge orgasm, but if you live in north carolina it shouldnt be too hard, for a good solid answer i would call the dmv

Sorry for the confusion. When I wrote "extra cab" I should have written additional cab. The "extra cab" the seller has is an additional standard cab. So, I would be replacing the rusty standard cab with a different standard cab that is included in the sale.

I have yet to see the truck and additional cab and don't know if they are from the same year. I do know the running truck is a 1973 auto and the additional cab came from a manual truck, year unknown. That is a plus for me because I would prefer a manual over an auto.