chrome trim

dimedude

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was wondering whats the easiest way to romove the chrome trim that runs above the doors

thanks

Are you asking about the the rain gutter trim above the doors or the belt molding at the top of the door where it meets the window glass?

Belt moldings can be removed as described by hang 510.

Rain gutter moldings are more difficult to remove. This is how I do it.

I like to use a church key.

_AAATAP1.jpg

Use the flat side of this tool along with a small flat blade screwdriver.

I also use a small pry bar. They are cheap and really help. I use the yellow side.

21uNHFXFiiL._SS500_.jpg

First remove the little cover clip from the center. Get under it from the bottom with the flat of the church key and pop it up. Then get under the lip of the long sections starting in the middle and slowly and gently working your way towards the front or the back depending on which section you are working on. Pry yhe bottom up and slide the screwdriver in to hold that part up and then move a little farther and pry up the bottom and keep working it until you get to where the curved part is. I only work about an inch at a time. You may find that some penetrating oil will help if yours is really stuck.

Take your time! This stuff is fragile and can easily bend. It usually takes me about an hour to carefully remove all 4 sections.

So how about reinstalling them? i have a complete set of gutter trim.. in really nice shape.. not sure im going to run them im not a huge fan of the look on a black car like mine.. but i would still be interested in knowing how to pop em on without *!ing them up.

Sorry. I can't offer any help there. I have only removed them not installed them. Most people just leave them installed and tape them off when they paint the car as they are a royal pain.

I am not as well versed on how to put them back on a 510, but on a 610, you start at the front window and work your way back. Oh, and yes, they are a PITA to R & R...:eek: