BACK FROM THE MACHINE SHOP! now I can make buildings!!!

hessianben

:D

I started a build thread a while back, http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=10126

but life got in the way... i'm sure you all know about that!

Anyhow, I picked up a 'peanut' A87 head a while back to top my L20b block.

It was from a mystery car, and was really dirty- lot's of carbon build up, just a mess...

I've been searching for a machine shop down here in Orange County that does good work on niche vehicles-

Nick from Fast Freddy's (built my Weber for me) http://www.fastfreddyscarbs.com/

recommended these guys- http://www.valleyengine.com/

I dropped the head off on tuesday in the afternoon...

and got a call this morning (wed) that it was done!

I don't have a 'before' photo, but you can imagine an average filthy, worn, Datto head...

What I got back:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

I would eat off of this thing!

they changed the seals, decked it, machined the seats, cleaned and oiled every moving part, and made it shine! looks like new!

I had a set of valve seals, so they didn't charge me for any parts- $165. for everything. worth everypenny to me.

If anyone in Orange County needs cylinder head work, please see Rick at Valley Engine and Machine! 714-964-1344 (shameless plug!) They had a few other datto heads there at the time, as well as a lot of exotics...

Now I can get this rebuild under way properly!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol:

can i ask how much it was to get a head redone like that?

they changed the seals, decked it, machined the seats, cleaned and oiled every moving part, and made it shine! looks like new!

I had a set of valve seals, so they didn't charge me for any parts- $165. for everything. worth everypenny to me.

;);)

next time get a SSS gasket or a Felpro intake gasket and you can get it matchported to the gasket 1.5 inch. then its more or less a SSS head since its a closed chamber head

reeeheeeaaaalyyyyy...... :eek::eek::eek:

would I need to have the intake and exhaust mani's with me as well and give them the same treatment?

Do you know off hand the part numbers for the sss gaskets?

PS that Dog has some fucking BALLS hanging!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, i've checked. LOL that's Ryker. He's my buddy's dog- he was up and we were working on his RX7- he just put a new 12a in it and we needed to set the trailing timing on it. thing pulls now@!!

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

my buddy's had that dog since it was 5wks old- he talks to him like a human, and he totally understands! (sometimes decides not to heed suggestions...) He body slams other dogs and has them cowering without ever even showing teeth! He's a bad ass.

IMG_0173.jpg