Datsport Universal Handling Kit

sean1978

EHKnew_800x494.jpg

Anyone running this?

It's only about twice the price of the McKinney kit but with a lot more things.

Please note: Fitment of this kit may require the use of later model uprights such as R30/31 S12 910 Y31 etc. Increased positive offset rims may also be required. Does not apply to flared front guards. please enquire for advise.

I was trying to figure out what shock and springs or coilovers you would use with this setup.

I also would really like to use my 15x6.5 +10 volk mesh wheels up front, wonder if I can do it with this kit.

here's my old S12, I kept the wheels when I sold it for my 510:

15x6.5 +10 (I'm pretty sure) up front, 15x7 0 in the back

2271472089_ebc15dca52_b.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you'll have an issue with the fitment, even if you're running stock fenders. The Datsport handling kit is good, for sure. It takes care of a few problems that the 510 has up front. That being said, I seriously doubt it would be worth the money unless you're doing some hardcore driving. Even then, plenty of people have great success with a stock front suspension (with springs, shocks, struts or whatever you want to add).

I'd save your money unless you're looking for total bling factor... I wouldn't even waste money on the McKinney mount kit, either. Again, it's baller because it's expensive... But why dump the money on all that noise when you can have the crossmember reversed for cheap, and buy a cheap tranny crossmember...?