Help Wiring A KA24DE Alternator on my 510

Docsis510

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Anyone can chime in and tell me if Im wrong and I hope you do bcause I just put a Pathfinder alt in my 510 and I think I did it right but havent tested yet.

I removed my stock alt. Cut the alt plug off and hid the wires. Took the new alt with the two wire plug. Ran the thicker wire of the two wires to the battery stud lug on the back of the new aalt. Also connected the stock thick wire that was removed from the stock alt lug on the 510 harness and attatched it to the new lug batt post on the back of the new alt. I cut the external reg plug off and hid all the wires except the small gauge white with red and connected it to the remaining small gauge wire coming from the new alt plug for the alt light (field wire)

Now that ive upgraded and assuing that the thick red and white from the 510 harness that attatches to the batt post on the new alt runs through the fuse box sould I upgrade my fuse? (not to hijack this thread :) )

Edited by SRSANDS