[FS] '68 510 SSS Rear Garnish

I posted this here a while back but for some reason I can't edit it to add pictures...so here it goes again.

Very rare "rear" garnish panel that came on the 1968 510 SSS sedan. This is a big part with the 510 crowd in Japan and can be found on some of the better/high end restored cars over there.

I bought it as a NOS and I see no indications stating other wise. The center section is silver and has chrome trim to match the tail light surrounding. The chrome has some slight age blemishes but just need to be buffed. I would probably rate is as a 9.5/10.

I've seen some sell on ebay for $350 +/-.

$280 shipped OBO. (shipping will be 2-day air)

Picture433.jpg

Picture436.jpg

Picture438.jpg

Picture439.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but $100 is a no go. Just because someone got it on e-bay for $100 or $180 doesn't make much of a difference. We all know an auction could go either way depending on the bidders.

Shit I got a '73 SSS grill for $175 2 years ago and they were being sold for $400.

Thanks for the bump/lowball offer. lol

Edited by Super X
Sorry, but $100 is a no go. Just because someone got it on e-bay for $100 or $180 doesn't make much of a difference. We all an auction could go either way depending on the bidders.

Shit I got a '73 SSS grill for $175 2 years ago and they were being sold for $400.

Thanks for the bump/lowball offer. lol

Word

Based on our current economy and going rate for that garnish.

$100 is more than a good offer

Far from a low ball offer

Did you consider that $240 is overpriced?

If you haven't noticed, that one in ebay just sold for $145 shipped and high bidder is from this Forum :lol:

Let me know if you change your mind on my modest offer

Edited by pl521sss
err
I'll keep you in mind if my desperation kicks in to an all time high.

But other wise good luck finding the $100 garnish on e-bay.

Here

I'll spell it out for you since you didn't catch my drift

Although, if you ever needs parts for your 68' 510

Let me know, have plenty of parts for cheap ranging from $500-$5000

Bidders:s.gif1Bids:s.gif1Time Ended:s.gifAug-11-09 22:06:23 PDTDuration:s.gif7 days

iconSuccess_16x16.gifs.gif Congrats, you just bought this item.

s.gif User ID s.gifBid Amount Bid Time s.gifs.gifs.gifpl510ssss.gif( 392iconTealStar_25x25.gif) s.gifbin_15x54.gif US $120.00 Aug-11-09 22:06:23 PDT

ooookay....so like what do you want from me a cookie or a pat on the back?

This is a forum; not Best Buy. There's no price match guarantee on parts, farless parts that are over 41 years old. I could careless if someone is selling theirs for $100 or $1000, I'm asking whats fair to me and hopefully what would be considered fair to the potential buyer. If the price that I have bothers you I suggest you contact your ebay seller and see if he can get you another one for the same price. It's only been like 14hrs since you won the auction so maybe he can ship them in the same box.

But hey, on a more serious note, thanks for the morning entertainment... My day was starting off slow.

ooookay....so like what do you want from me a cookie or a pat on the back?

This is a forum; not Best Buy. There's no price match guarantee on parts, farless parts that are over 41 years old. I could careless if someone is selling theirs for $100 or $1000, I'm asking whats fair to me and hopefully what would be considered fair to the potential buyer. If the price that I have bothers you I suggest you contact your ebay seller and see if he can get you another one for the same price. It's only been like 14hrs since you won the auction so maybe he can ship them in the same box.

But hey, on a more serious note, thanks for the morning entertainment... My day was starting off slow.

dang

are you sure this forum is not Best Buy and price match guarantee for 30 days!! :eek:

To the folks I sold parts in the last 30 days, I have a price match guarantee. And I do care if the parts you need is much less and easily found for much cheaper. I'm here to help out not rip you off.

But no price guarantee for the parts I gave for free :D

I give parts for free cause I'm generous just as I get parts and cars for free.

On a different note, good luck on the sale of that garnish

No hard feelings here buddy

dang

are you sure this forum is not Best Buy and price match guarantee for 30 days!! :eek:

To the folks I sold parts in the last 30 days, I have a price match guarantee. And I do care if the parts you need is much less and easily found for much cheaper. I'm here to help out not rip you off.

But no price guarantee for the parts I gave for free :D

I give parts for free cause I'm generous just as I get parts and cars for free.

On a different note, good luck on the sale of that garnish

No hard feelings here buddy

Hey,

I see you making freinds :lol:

I got one, not nos but looks like it.

let me know, those carbs plus this piece trade for:confused:

oh and take it easy!

this things happen a lot on my own forum http://www.ocguate.com with the computer sales, one thing I have straight there is that if you don't like the price of the stuff you want, drop your offer and leave, its up to him if he want to have it for a couple of hundred years......but also, the seller has to be respectful in every way, he doesn't have to answer sarcastically. Its just a thought....

BTW nice making business with you pl510sss.

I'm sure Super_X is a good guy :D

We all want more money to fund our projects

How about posting pics of your 68' car

That's assuming you have one since you have the parts

Unlike others, they tend to collect rare parts for carstrucks they don't even own. :lol:

^

captain lowball

lol!

I low ball people all the time. It is simple a matter of how much something is worth to me. Then i look at the item i want, is it really worth the price they are asking for it? Can i get it somewhere else cheaper? Do i really need it?

I take that into account when i buy shit. If these are selling on ebay for 100-180 shipped. Then I would have offered 50-75 shipped. And not paid a penny more. I dont think his offer was to out of this world.

And really, i should have not said anything at all. it seems like to many times any more people give other people shit when they sell something. Either to high priced, or blah blah this that. I am guilty of it too and need to stop, I'm happy he posted it here. Gave a ratsun owner a chance to get it before someone else.

Now I have a real problem, my gf is at work and i have to figure some thing out to feed my kids. Dammit :lol:

Edited by h2theizzo
lol!

I low ball people all the time. It is simple a matter of how much something is worth to me. Then i look at the item i want, is it really worth the price they are asking for it? Can i get it somewhere else cheaper? Do i really need it?

:lol:

yeah, 100% pot calling kettle black. stupid kettle. I actually got that cat mixed up with someone else anyway. free bump for dumassness

i see where pl521sss is coming from. yea parts are getting kind of rare but charging RAPE for one piece is bullshit. not even 3 years ago people would pay you to take their crappy old datsun off their hands. but now every tom dick an asshole are jacking the price of 40 year old scrap. i dont know where i was going with this rant but 280 for a piece of a car you probably paid less the 1000 for is retarded.:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::lol: rofl

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.