Rear Disc Brake Mod with 13" AR Libras

Has anyone put Disc Brakes on the rear of there 510, and run 13 inch Libras, The problem with the know mods - is they are to big to fit in the Old School Libras. I have the 13 X 7.5 Libras and just can't part with them but would love to upgrade to discs. But have never seen it addressed in any forums. Thanks for you help - Steve

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With your 280ZX rear set up, is the E-brake operational?

I, too, would like rear discs on my car, and I've always had the 13X7 Libra's as well. I like the look - the Bronze would be itself without the Libra's.

My reason for wanting discs in the rear is so that I don't need adjust the brakes - especially on a track day. I don't need better brakes in the rear - the old 240Z Alum drums do just fine, actually. It's only to get the adjustment issue solved. I know I posted this same question on the Realm, and got no input as more guys run bigger rims.

I watch with interest.

Byron

Engine Set - L20B - hot cam 40 over and 240 su's lighted flywheel - electric fan - It not because I need more stopping power - would like to have everything discs - I like a lot of stopping power. 14 inch Libra's- Can't find them anymore - I've had these on my 510 for 24 years, it ain't my 510 without the Libra's I love the look - It nostaligic - its the way I've always know 510's

But didn't know the 280ZX discs mod would work, always thought they were to big and the caliper would hit. wow - I am a happy camper now. I will get the parts and get going on it - Thanks for the reply's - Steve