general duals questions

goatee

Currently I have a single weber 32/36. I've never run duals on anything so I was thinking it would be fun to run them on the l20b. I've tuned a few carbs, swapped jets, that sort of thing.

Have any of you that run duals driven a similar dime with just a single enough to compare? Is there quite a bit of seat of the pants dyno difference? Is synchronizing them loads of "fun?"

I guess overall I'm just looking for people who have had both and if it was worth it. This car is currently my daily driver and hoping to get back into some low key autocross someday.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha no problem man. The reason I posted this was because I was talking to a couple guys that used to do race cars and drag race pretty heavily (all gm and chevy though) and most of them talked like duals on a daily driver would be more trouble than it would be worth even if it was "for fun".

Haha no problem man. The reason I posted this was because I was talking to a couple guys that used to do race cars and drag race pretty heavily (all gm and chevy though) and most of them talked like duals on a daily driver would be more trouble than it would be worth even if it was "for fun".

Don't listen to those GM guys and get yourself some dual side drafts. You wont be disappointed.

Two 32/36 carbs won't make the performance much different than a single. Well it'll be slightly slower, but a lot louder, on an L-series four cylinder engine. Maybe with high HP forced induction you could see a gain from more than one.

But they look so cool, go for it!

Here is dual 32/36 on Datsun A15 engine:

16224.jpg

Edited by ggzilla

if the motor is not heavily modded meaning either bored or stroked or big cam or designed for more top end I would say stay with single downdraft. I know you can run dual su's but I don't think the trouble to change over would be worth it. even for myself if I get another 510 I would just get a L20 and use a downdraft and go autoxing or even go fuel injection. I have dual mikuni's and they are not too bad but at times I even would not mind switching to fuel injection for more precise consistent performance