[WA state] fs: '78 toyota cressida (sorry it's not a datsun!!)

SORRY THIS IS NOT A DATSUN! If there were a section for non-datsun cars I'd post there :(.

City: Hoquiam

State/Province: WA

Price: $1500 or trade

Item Description:

Bought this car a few months ago. I really like it, and it's one of the few cars I have owned that my wife also likes... but I realized the other day that I'm boned if it snows at all this winter, lol. I dont have a car with more then 2" ground clearance so one of the toys is going to have to be sacrificed.

redside.jpg

redrear.jpg

redback.jpg

boydslip.jpg

running3-1.jpg

These next ones are older pictures, but the only ones I have of the front end. These wheels are no longer on the car.

solidsfront.jpg

x3beginning2.jpg

Enter my '78 mx32 Cressida. Car is in decent shape. There is a basketball sized dent on the driver's side quarter panel and some marks on the front fenders where the previous owner tried to flare the fenders more with a pair of vice grips it looks like. Paint is rough.

It should be towed as it is crazy low. Sits about 1" off the ground right now. If you plan on driving it at this height you will need to modify the driveline tunnel to clear the driveline as it currently hits the floorpan. I had planned on airbagging this, and had mocked up bags in the rear, so I wasnt worried too much about it.

Interior is rough. Seats are gone, but comes with ae92 seats for the front, and a red leather mx73 seat for the rear. Carpet is gone, and so is the center console.

Mechanically it was sound until the carb went out last week. Started rough when cold for a while, then quit starting. You can still start it if you have a full charge on the battery and about 10 minutes to waste. Once you get it going it runs great, if not a little rich. Engine itself is in awesome shape, once the carb is rebuilt or replaced with a weber and the suspension is adressed, it would be a great daily or weekend beast :D.

I just got a carb rebuild for it. Which was very hard to find, lol. Should have it rebuilt later this week, I'll update.

The wheels are 15x8 -20 Boyd stars. Crazy low offset. This car will only come with these wheels if you pay my asking price or make me a fair trade!. Otherwise it will come with 14x7 -9 solid mags (still very nice wheels :D ).

Looking to trade for a smaller 4x4 truck or suv. toyota pickups or 4runner, nissan pickup or pathfinder, isuzu trooper, suzuki smaurai or sidekick, chevy s10 or blazer, etc. etc. Need something for winter driving and camping. Needs to be mechanically sound. Apearance isnt a huge deal to me, but no beaters or hack jobs please :D. REALLY really looking for an I6 jeep cherokee or comanchee.

my name is Shane and you can call or text me at 360/581-3308, pictures of any trades would be appreciated!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.