The NWAA SMACKDOWN is HERE!!

csp54

Smackdown 2009 is coming,

the BEST sport and compact car extravaganza in the NW September 11-13

A 3 course team challenge teams of 12 drivers will compete for automotive supremacy among the awards??? BEST PARTY TEAM!!

Events are drag racing drifting and autocross, teams are scored based on driver skill not raw car performance (except for the drag race of course) so any group can field a team. teams must have at a minimum 4 cars and drivers, but may have many more!! bunus points are awarded for participation!!

PRE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED see below for details.

Rules and team details will be posted on Carfreeks.net and http://www.nwautosports.org

First off Next team members meeting will be 6 PM at the Vancouver Pied Piper Pizza same place Same Time 6 PM Saturday July 25th

At this meeting we will be presenting entry packets to the team captains, discussing final details (most important Drift Judges) and making sure we have covered all the important bits.

Entry packets will include PLENTY of extra entry forms for each event, a copy of the rules (posted here) and scheduling details as close as we have them.

Team captains will return to their home base and get their team members rallied and paid, entering which events they want to race in.

IF YOUR TEAM IS BASED MORE THAN 150 MILES FROM VANCOUVER YOU MAY REQUEST ENTRY PACKS BE MAILED TO YOU, YOU MUST DO THIS ASAP BECAUSE THEY MUST BE RETURNED BY SATURDAY AUGUST 22ND

Saturday August 22nd FINAL smackdown meeting. Teams will be expected to have their final rosters set, all paperwork filled out and presented at this meeting, all fees must be paid at this point, we will take your entry info and fill out your roster, and get your numbers and run groups assigned. any final questions will be at this time, but we should have it 100% by then.

Tentative schedule

Friday ALL day open practice FREE to all registered competitors, non competitors may run Friday as well, for 3 bucks a lap we will have a short drift course, and a short simple autocross course running simultaneously. Opens at 10 AM

Friday night check in and tech, all cars not teched for fun runs should be teched Friday night if possible, we want as few inspections Saturday morning as is humanely possible.

Friday night mini party at the campground your on your own for food, we are negotiating right now to try and rent the whole loop for racers and include it in your entry, but this is TENTATIVE right now, we should have final details in a few days.

Saturday Morning Final tech, and check in

Drags first car out by 9 AM

Lunch break from 12-1

Drift from one till dark

Saturday night, Packwood Fire department is providing a banquet for participants in downtown Packwood. at this event we will be drawing the wild card for Sundays autocross, and presenting the Saturday preliminary results, there is planned an informal show and shine for competitors in the park during and right after dinner, with the intent of getting the locals involved with our event.

Saturday night MEGA party at the Campground, this is where we will judge the most party team!! for their award.

Sunday Morning autocross all day with the intent of being packed and on the road home by 4 PM Sunday

Banquet fees will be included in team members registration fee, additional adults will cost 15 dollars per person. we need to have a head count of additional banquet tickets and payment for those by the deadline for registration. This will be MORE than burgers and chips by all accounts these people feed the SCCA national tour people as well and I have heard good reports. plus the money goes to a good cause. in addition there will be a canned food drive at the door, a non perishable food item for the local food bank would be appropriate.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Packwood WA, about 40 min East of Centralia SCCA runs the national tour there its about 10 acres of asphalt.

1/8 mile drag, drift competition, and autocross, the autocross is 50% of the score, and this ain't no Salem fairgrounds autocross neither, I was SOLID into third gear last year, actually had a couple people complain that they thought it was TOO fast??? 70 second course with no overlaps 4 cars on course!!

Oh and a car show and bitchin party Saturday night.

Edited by csp54
  • 2 weeks later...

looks like datsuns NW has 5-7 cars set to go as an all dato team, you guys need to contact doug V if you want on board!!

fees: 5 dollar registration

15 dollars for drag

15 dollars for drift

25 dollars autocross

banquet is 15 dollars per person

Friday practice is FREE to all competitors who register as a team for saturday or sunday, 2 dollars a lap for non registered fun runs friday.

final word on campground will be sunday, but expect the whole weekend to cost less than 100 bucks, not counting fuel and tires!!

35 dollars day of autocross, autocross only registration

what and iiam the only one going to represent RATSUN :confused:

come on guys and gals!!! lets show these guys that you still cant beat a Datsun even if it says Nissan on it :eek::lol:

hit me up if you want to get a team going

I've been wanting to go do some autocross at Packwood all summer. I dont know if I trust my car enough to take a 2.5 hour drive, hoon it all weekend, and then take a 2.5 hour drive back to go though... :(

It is so tempting though.. I guess I still have time to decide...

I've been wanting to go do some autocross at Packwood all summer. I dont know if I trust my car enough to take a 2.5 hour drive, hoon it all weekend, and then take a 2.5 hour drive back to go though... :(

It is so tempting though.. I guess I still have time to decide...

i know the feeling.

that why i trailer my shit:lol: so when i do break it i can get it home. i hope to really break somthing this time:lol: i havent yet but something has to go sooner or later lol

Sorry freaky,Just not allot of activity on this forum? you may have to run with NWD, not too many racers here.

Mailed out Pack to the Midnighters in BC. yesterday, if there are any more Canadian teams planning on running they better hurry up and request an entry pack. we now have 11 teams with entry forms, but the entries close August 22nd, except for autocross only which can be "day of" registration Drag race, drift off, autocross, all day Friday FREE practice for registered competitors, the whole weekend for around 100 bucks!! including the banquet and camping spot!!

NWN

RWD (2 teams)

Dirty drifters

Midnighters

TSDNW

Datsuns NW

Street sweepers

Carfreeks

NWAA

And of course teamX for people who want to run the whole weekend, but cant find a team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay i got my dime running pretty good wooot!!!!!!!!

i know its to late to join in but if your looking for something to do this weekend head on out to Packwood and watch some races.

Their will be 140 cars in the Auto-cross and a 100 each for the drag and drift comp.

And if they will let me take a passenger i will try to give out rides lol then you can see why they call me Freaky :eek::fu::lol::lol::lol:

I will be up there on friday mid morning stop bye and say hi