REAL SU throttle bodies...

I saw there were a bunch of guys that seemed interested in the "extrud-a-body" "su throttle bodies".

Go to http://sidedrafttbi.com/ and check that out! Right on the front page there is a set of Stromberg carbs that have been converted to throttle bodies... They almost look stock, unless you really look hard, most people would never be able to tell. I actually contacted the guy about making something up for my old 71 240z, and he said he was in the progress of building something for them as I wrote to him...

Seems to me like a great idea for a "sleeper" efi setup, that would look almost totally stock! If I ever get another Z car with SUs, I just might end up doing this...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those are pretty cool. if i was interested in a "sleeper" setup i would look into those. but i like the way the extruda-body ones look. in the end if you already have SU's, this would be cheaper and probably just as efective as a twin injection system from extrudabody. but since i don't have SU's i would have to source those and could easily spend that extra couple hundred bucks on a manifold and the carbs, or maybe they can be had much cheaper than i've seen. it is pretty damn cool that you don't actually modify the carbs in any way, so you could just spend a couple hours converting it back to carburation, if you wanted.

all in all pretty damn cool.