74 620 rebuild

groatd

well i have been working on my truck for about a week now so i just wanted to show all of you what i have been doing to it

DSCN0607.jpg

broken hood hinge. it looks like its been broke for quite a while now, i plan on just weelding it back on and loosening the bolt on the hinge so i can free it up

DSCN0608.jpg

i sanded my mirrors down and re painted them, the look like new im realy happy on how they turnede out

DSCN0610.jpg

i allso repainted my wiper rods, i did red because thats the color im going to paint the truck, i am allso realy happy about how these turnded out too. i think there going to look realy good.

DSCN0611.jpg

this is where i set my carb when its cold,

DSCN0612.jpg

i took the bench out today and got it ready to hack away on my rusted floors so i can weld in new floor bords

DSCN0613.jpg

this is after i did some more cleaning, after i get the new floor bords in im going to put the spray on bed liner in the cab

DSCN0614.jpg

this was like 3 days ago before i started hacking away on my project, i got the canope for free from my friend

Photo237-1.jpg

after i get all this done im going to start painting it. i will put more pics up as i get going more

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i went back to work today. i got a lil bit more done, lol but my arms are dead from useing that gaint wire wheel i mean god that thing has some power. it grabded on the the seat belt and rapded it up and tore all over the place. here is a pic of the gaint wire wheel

DSCN0618.jpg

i got the driversside pretty much done. i just have the weld in the new floor bords, there were some lil tiny rust spots but i cleanded them up and put bondo over them, i think it should do the trick but idk

DSCN0615.jpg

here is the spot i cut out

DSCN0616.jpg

passenger side

DSCN0617.jpg

idk what im going to do here. i might cut it out and weld in a new plate, or clean it up and put bondo over it, what do u think :confused:

DSCN0619.jpg

• 1 month later...

its been a while since i have been doing anything to the dot rod because i have been helping my friends put a v8 in his scout but any way here you go,

i got the floorbord welded in, im pretty happy with what i was useing, i was useing a harber freight 100 dollar welder and it wouldent feed me the wire cuz i kept sliping but its in and its realy sturdy

Photo0976.jpg

did a little bit of sanding and painting, this is what keeps m going because it looks pretty good :rolleyes:

Photo0975.jpg

this is the hood hinge that was broke, welded it back on and lubded it up and it works like new

Photo0971.jpg

gr, instead of just bondo in some of those spots that have some small, In the past I've used some stuff called bondo glass. It has small strands of fiberglass in it. If you have a bigger hole you could use a small sheet of fiberglass with the fiberglass bondo over it. Alot stronger. Then use reg. bondo to smooth stuff out.