Rimsss!!

uhhitsfuzzy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on the off set of the wheel. Just from personal experience, i had a set of gm rally wheel on my 521 and they were 15x8s and they stuck out more than i liked. Its all a matter of prefrence. But my opionion is that the 15x12 wheels you are asking about is this. They will be sticking out so far that every time you walk within 5 feet of your truck you will be triping over the tires they will stick out so far. If you want bruised shinns than go for it. But remember to not drive on narrow two lane roads or your wheels will hit every mail box on the street.

Edited by what
Missed spelled word.

wierd you just made this thread. 15x12 depending on offset will require ALOT of fender rolling/pulling. I could PROBABLY squeeze 17x10 or 11 in the rear with a small roll/pull....Currently on the truck is 17x8 american racing w/ 1.5 inch spacer, with the current roll/pull i could do 10's easy, but 12's they will be hard to tuck. Front not shown with even less roll/pull fits the 17x8 w/ the 1.5 inch spacers easy.

I should note that the 17x8's fit with no mods, so that 1.5 inches on the backside works, the fronts rubbed at full lock. thats why i was gonna do 17x9 front

DSC01513.jpg

Edited by sanitys

Wheels in general will stick out further on the 78/79 front disc brake trucks than they will on a 73-77 drum brake truck. When they switched to the discs the track width widened by about 2.250" front and rear. That is 1.125" at every wheel. That is also why so many people need 1"-1.5" spacers to make their wheels fit good on the early trucks.

15 x 12's is going to look like a frogger, especially on a 78.

lol i got those same tires, except mine are much bigger, i have them on the suburban/z71/tahoe wheels (16x7.5 i think) an the tires are 245/50/16's which is way to big imo i shoulda got smaller ones :(

I actually had to put those tires on because when I did my recon inspection I was told that my rear tires load rating did not match up with the load rating thats on the door sticker. I think they are 215 45 17, old tires are 205 40 17 If i remeber correctly that is