Whats this i see on a KA24DE engine?

Ecotec

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy 'tloof' is a KA wizard- here is one of the writeups he did as he created a SC system for a truck ka24de....

some of the pic links don't work anymore, but search his name or check for newer links ect...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/197243

Engine code becomes KA24DE-R (Nissan superchargers are classified as R)

This is the swap I'm currently working on, just in the process of creating the adapter plate and boring out the supercharger.

The blower is a "roots type" Eaton M62. The more common donor cars are Frontier/Xterra's because of the location of the intake port. The swap is actually fairly straightforward, and more affordable than the turbo setups most people go with.

Eaton M62 - $100-150 core

Adapter plate - $100 (trace/design your own and buy some scrap aluminum. Make a machine shop do it)

Tensioner pulley - $50 (design your own)

SR20DET stock injectors - $50-80

SAFC or tuned ECU - $150

Misc belts, intake piping, etc - $100

Honestly, I'm probably into this swap about $600 bucks for the bare essentials. The only downside is that you're limited to "stock" boost (stock sized crank pulley and boost pulley) around 8-10psi. This will put you (depending on the tune) at appx. 200-250rwhp, from what most people are recording.

Downsides to the swap are limited power without dropping money on custom crank/boost pulleys, and even then, the Eaton won't put anything else out after about 12-15psi boost. But instant boost/power is awesome, and the sound is TITS!

Engine code becomes KA24DE-R (Nissan superchargers are classified as R)

This is the swap I'm currently working on, just in the process of creating the adapter plate and boring out the supercharger.

The blower is a "roots type" Eaton M62. The more common donor cars are Frontier/Xterra's because of the location of the intake port. The swap is actually fairly straightforward, and more affordable than the turbo setups most people go with.

Eaton M62 - $100-150 core

Adapter plate - $100 (trace/design your own and buy some scrap aluminum. Make a machine shop do it)

Tensioner pulley - $50 (design your own)

SR20DET stock injectors - $50-80

SAFC or tuned ECU - $150

Misc belts, intake piping, etc - $100

Honestly, I'm probably into this swap about $600 bucks for the bare essentials. The only downside is that you're limited to "stock" boost (stock sized crank pulley and boost pulley) around 8-10psi. This will put you (depending on the tune) at appx. 200-250rwhp, from what most people are recording.

Downsides to the swap are limited power without dropping money on custom crank/boost pulleys, and even then, the Eaton won't put anything else out after about 12-15psi boost. But instant boost/power is awesome, and the sound is TITS!

Sweet! You have to post pics and vid clips when you are done!