Just a couple questions...

Hello, I've been lookin around on the thread and on the realm, as well as google in search of a answer, but no luck. I'm looking for a spring and shock combo for my 510 that will lower my ride height as well as reduce body roll and such. I see many people do the 280zx strut for the bigger brakes and then slap some coilovers on there, but i want something a little more simple, and cheap. Im just runnin my l16 and have no plans for a swap, just wanna have fun 'round those corners. No need for spendy coilovers or bigger brakes. Let me know what you guys are using, or have used, it will be well appreciated.:)

Also, im gettin some new wheels from a buddy but need special lug nuts for them, i dont know the thread pitch for the 510, always have used my stock ones.

Thanks guys,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more simple, and cheap????????

Cut the springs. better to shorten the strut and then maybe cut one coil in front.

gas shocks but shorten the strut to the 280zx strut length.

frank and Jeff can do all this but it will cost ya. also the 280zx stut catridge

here ya go PERFECT!!!!!

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12254&p=126462#p126462

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

thanks for the info! ive really been diggin deeper into the 280zx stuff, and it doesnt seem all that difficult. I think i can pull it off, my buddies got a welder, and i learned to weld this year in school. So i should be able to remove both 280zx and 510 spring perches, weld the 510 one on the 280zx strut a little lower than the original was, and throw my 510 springs on there, with the top hat part correct? Maybe cut a coil or so outa my springs? Whats the deal with these collars? use them rather than weld the perch on for adjustability? sounds sweet.

thanks for the info! ive really been diggin deeper into the 280zx stuff, and it doesnt seem all that difficult. I think i can pull it off, my buddies got a welder, and i learned to weld this year in school. So i should be able to remove both 280zx and 510 spring perches, weld the 510 one on the 280zx strut a little lower than the original was, and throw my 510 springs on there, with the top hat part correct? Maybe cut a coil or so outa my springs? Whats the deal with these collars? use them rather than weld the perch on for adjustability? sounds sweet.

I would weld the perch. I was going down the highway and my collar just decided to slide down. Luckily I was close to the right side. When it dropped the tire held it up some but now I have to replace a tire.