77 620 turbo?

Apollo77

anyone know if this is possible? well anything is possible... let me rephrase, does anyone know how much pressure a 1977 620 hustler can take without a total rebuild? ive seen some people saying that they are putting it in but no specifics. i think it would be fun. also what other things can i do to improve my stock 92hp?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know if this is possible? well anything is possible... let me rephrase, does anyone know how much pressure a 1977 620 hustler can take without a total rebuild? ive seen some people saying that they are putting it in but no specifics. i think it would be fun. also what other things can i do to improve my stock 92hp?

you can prob turbo the l20b at 7lbs and be ok for a while if you have it tuned good

Because here's the thing, if you really want a turbo to run right, you'll need to do fuel injection. Now whether you choose to swap in an EFI setup for the L series turbo, or swap in a different motor that already has efi, the amount of wiring work is going to be the same. Actually a little easier if you just swap in a whole EFI motor. Trying to tune a carbed turbo setup is exceedingly frustrating, and almost never works out they way anyone wants.

Most of the turbo setups for L series engines are either scratch built, or VERY old technology. for twice the price of finding a genuine L series efi intake manifold, you can have an entire engine.

The KA came in the Hardbody pickup, the later Frontier, and the 240SX. They are swapped into 510's all the time, so dig around for those for ideas, the swap will be very similar.

Edited by yellowdatsun